• Members

Re: Celia and Dimitri, the Hulu/FB commenters actually made a comment that was worthwhile for once - one of them speculated that Celia might be kin to Gillian.

I can see that. And I believe Agnes did have a hand in some of the early Gillian stuff, though I may be way off.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you're right on all counts.

It looked like Dr. Joe was taken aback by Billy Clyde's companion.

I've suspected all along that Evelyn was making up the guardian since Celia's never met him. Dimitri did seem to have a strange reaction to Celia, though, so perhaps he knows she's related to him somehow.

I love the concept of an Adam/Brooke/Dimitri triangle with Opal also involved. Just imagine how upset Erica would be if she came back while Opal was on a date with Dimitri only to learn he had also been getting closer to Brooke!

• Members

The show is finally moving in the right track with the teens on the backburner, Dimitri (who fits in perfectly) and with Colby and Cassandra home. There seems to be a much better balance, which was the most important thing the show needed. I enjoyed Dixie as a therapist as well. Did she have that profession on ABC? I don't remember her working, I just remember her dying and coming back from the dead a lot. I'm just glad she's doing SOMETHING. I find her unbelievable as a mother to JR and certainly as a grandmother to AJ, so it's nice to see her away from them. I think when casting JR they should've gone young. Maybe even younger than Jacob Young. JR looks as old as she does right now and they look like a couple in the opening.

Still don't care for the actress playing Cassandra. She couldn't squeeze one tear out in her scene with Angie, which is how she always is. I just don't understand her. She's not terrible, but she shouldn't be playing this type of role. She should be playing someone like Jane who doesn't have to express emotion. She's certainly no young Debbi Morgan. Loved all the Tempo stuff and am enjoying Brooke now that she's getting into the thick of things.

Honestly, if AMC can keep it up then the new writers won't have to work that hard to make the show truly great.

• Members

I have had that vibe for a while. I wonder if they are plaining on building up the Marrick Clan?

What this show needs IMO is a strong core family. All of the characters either seem scattered or are with small families like Pete/Opal and Celia/Evelyn. That said, the chandlers are a nice size but there needs to be a "Martin" type family.

• Members

I agree here. The show is very fractured. There are holes/gaps that need to be filled and one of them is a strong core family. That is not what is going on right now. A little this family and pieces of that family but no solid core family. AMC has always prided itself on its solid core families to make Pine Valley viable and believable. There is no building of any family because the writing is just one plot point after another plot point to set up the next plot point and just a vicious cycle of nowhereland going nowhere. Yes, a solid core family is needed, for sure. The thought that the Hubbard family would be the passing of the baton from the Martin family to the Hubbards w/Frankie back and since they have the house, well, maybe it should start going that way.

• Members

I think the Hubbards should be the new Martin. That said, it would be nice to tie them with the Martin's. Maybe Cassandra could be with Jaime?? I also wish soaps will end this "Couple's can't stay together" mentality because they can just go from having stories were they are broken up have stories that will test there marriage and ultimately win? Or stories that effects them in a way were they have to work together?? If that happens Cassandra and Jaime would be a good pair!

Also, do you know if Jesse or Angies elders from the good old days are alive? They could be good "Grandma Kate" characters.

Archived