The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

I think this pretty much means no new album in 2016 - next album will be October 2017.  If this is what she's planning, she's got to release Clean as the final single.  I've said this before and I'll say it again, Clean will be her best chance to win Song of the Year.  Since she likes to be off radio for about a year, release Clean around May and let the song play throughout the summer.  August 2016 - July 2017 will be radio silence, and then drop the new single off the new album in August 2017.  That's my projection. 

• Members

Too bad she gave up on Style before it even started, she could have tied or broken Janet Jackson's record of 7 top 5 hits off one album (Rhythm Nation 1814). 

Rhythm Nation 1814 also has the record for being the only album to produce a #1 single in three separate years (1989, 1990, and 1991), so if Taylor can score another #1 this year off of 1989, she could perhaps tie that record. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

This is actually only the second time she has released a bonus track as a single--the other was "Ours" from Speak Now.

I'm wondering if the video for NR will serve as the so called "tour video" for the 1989 era, like the "Sparks Fly" video did for the Speak Now era, and "Fearless" and "Red" did for...well, take a guess. :P 

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator

I like New Romantics but it's in the bottom half of the album for me.   And no way a single released this late into the album goes #1.  It rarely happens.  Especially if the album does very well. 

So Taylor was the Maid of Honour at her friend's wedding yesterday.  Taylor has so many "BFFs" but only one can say she is the original BFF, and that's Brit Maack, who Taylor says they met when she was 10 days old (and she's known the groom since kindergarten.  Pictures in spoiler tags:

Edited by Toups

• Members

I guess Taylor and will never work with Dr. Luke (not that I mind)...

I think Taylor can use her next project to take some risks (maybe hanging around Calvin Harris will have an influence on her). She's reached a level where she can afford to experiment without alienating her core fanbase. Sort of like what Madonna used to do during her peak years - bring elements of the underground into the mainstream because you have the platform to do it.

• Members

Taylor's donation was nice, but Demi Lovato has a serious point. Taylor, and other celebs, love to shout about feminism and women's rights but rarely SAY anything to back it up, nor do they participate in any of the uncomfortable conversations. Taylor is the epitome of this. She loves to scream out "girl power" with this "squad" of hers (which is really just a clique of mean girls, originally designed for a music video that was a DIRECT ATTACK at ANOTHER WOMAN -- tell me how that's female empowerment again?), yet she has never had a serious conversation of substance about feminism (or anything else, really). 

I don't deny that she is a kind and generous person at heart -- She obviously is. However, she's also, clearly, incredibly insecure and passive aggressive and willing to pander to whatever cause will inflate her image as "queen nice girl". She's kind, but she's disingenuous in many ways, as well.

• Administrator

In general, I think about 80% of it is all negativity.  Twitter is good for situations where you need to get information out and stuff like that.  Nowadays, people *must* speak up on twitter on subjects they might not want to talk about - I think that's just ridiculous.  As if not tweeting something means you're not showing support.  Also, social media has a way of getting the wrong information out there. It also has a way of executing people who before the whole story gets out.   As if going on twitter and ranting about something is helpful.  So you're able to type something out.  Big deal.  Good for you. 

• Members

Demi wants to storm capital hill over a rape allegation. Taylor donated money she didn't have to so that Kesha could continue to fight. Demi has no point and she could have shown women empowerment by supporting what Taylor did and piggy backing it with something else positive!  Taylor wins and Demi can STFU!  

• Administrator

"influence on her" - by going to the EDM/dance route? Working with the likes of Calvin, Diplo, Skillex, Zedd, David Guetta, etc?   I don't think Taylor needs to do that when so many pop artists are already doing that.  I think the next move, after releasing another pop album, is going the pop-rock route and be more instrument based, since she can play the acoustic and electric guitar.  Not a lot of pop stars are playing their own instruments right now.   So in terms of people she's hanging around who might have some influence on her, I'm hoping she'll lean towards Haim than Calvin.