• Members

The people complaining about where is so-and-so are going to complain no matter what the show does. Those are the people with a very specific want that isn't being fulfilled. Those are also the people who were complaining by Day 3 that the show was moving too slowly. Nothing is going to please those people other because all they care about is one narrow thing. IMO, most of those people complaining are viewers who got used to being catered to by the Frons regime and now their sense of entitlement is biting them in the ass.

Personally I think we are going to get to a point where those viewers simply fall away and hopefully they will be replaced by new viewers. There are things I would and do criticize this show for but lack of attention to history isn't one of them. Not on a show with Billy Clyde Tuggle ordering Palmer Cortlandt suits while Dimitri Marick tells Brooke that he went to the Wildwind mausoleum to make amends to Edmund.

(Which begs an unrelated question. If Wildwind got sold and is now empty what does that mean for the people buried in that crypt? Do they just become part of the property? Could someone buy the property and raze the mausoleum? *shudders*)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good show. I think AMC is still plugging along the way it has been for quite some time. It was always good but it actually really began to cook around the time of the schedule change, IMO, while OLTL slowed down considerably until last week.

Brooke Newton was better on Monday's show. I still think this Colby is way, way OTT and aggressive - even when she was spoiled she was never quite such a bitch - but maybe it's overcompensating for stuff that went down in Europe. I do love the community social dynamics - Opal commenting on the Chandlers' dire straits today, while both Opal and Billy Clyde venerate the shared cultural memory of Palmer in their own separate ways; Opal touching on Colby's family background, being a vixen like Liza and Marian, and Colby snapping back about Opal using Palmer's name. It's all old, old roots and rich stuff - ABC wouldn't have remembered or bothered with half of this [!@#$%^&*]. Those were the best scenes in the show.

So glad Cassandra is home. Interested in Dr. Anders

Liked AJ., Heather and Miranda. Like the Celia mystery, though Celia herself still needs work and honestly, Jordan Lane Price seems very nervous.

Zach and Lea were better. Their scenes were again too brief but they do have good chemistry. The writing needs to be there though, and Paula Garces is still very hit and miss.

• Members

I've been watching since the summer of 1980, so I consider myself a long-term fan and ICAM! I've been very happy with the reboot for fixing the mistakes of the Frons years. I also feel no gaping holes at all or lack of attention to detail. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs only to watch the Wednesday June 19th episode (Chapter 8, episode 2) for mentions of previous characters.

+1.

I wonder what happens in real life when property contains a mausoleum? I never really gave it much thought but now I'm curious if the bodies ever get moved elsewhere.

• Members
Getting caught up ....

I agree Zach and Lea have gotten much better. Paula Garces IS very hit or miss LOL. I haven't minded her much in the last several episodes.

Colby's SUCH a raging bitch. I agree. I think she's a little too OTT but I also think she's probably into some deep [!@#$%^&*] so she's lashing out. We'll see. I still have several episodes to catch up on. Opal vs. Colby was quite fun though. And OMG at that blowjob. I just didn't want to bring up older episode threads to comment. I love seeing so much of Opal.

VERY glad Cassandra is home. I wasn't that thrilled with Dr. Anders or the actor but maybe he'll grow on me? He just seems like a total ass.

Overall a lot of scenes are a bit too brief but I'll give them a pass for now. I am really enjoying the dynamics of the cast. It's flowing well for me.

Also nice to have Dimitri back and Nader really doesn't look that bad. I also think Julia Barr has finally settled back in as Brooke. Who ever would have thought we'd have Brooke OR Dimitri back? That alone is amazing in itself. And Joe. And Opal front and center. I love it.

I've also loved everything about Billy Clyde, though I wish his scenes with Dixie were longer. That disappointed me.

And with Jordan Lane Price and Celia ... she's growing on me. I think she's just very green. Probably nervous. Or maybe just playing her that way and it's coming off as ... her just not being very good?

Archived