Stories that annoyed you more than they should have

• Members

The one saving grace of the story was Marina's involvement (at the time Aubrey Dollar was Marina, and I absolutely loved her performance... was very sad to see her go.)

Any other saving graces.... uh... no... you're right on the money. I will add it was the only time I wrote a letter to a network and it was all but begging them to fire Ellen Weston for character destruction. I think they heard us. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really couldn't stand ATWT's forays into camp-tasm storytelling. The Rick Decker and CampSlasher stories really annoyed me to no end. The first because I was really excited to see John James again, only to see him wasted on an epic scale. CampSlasher was a complete waste of time---victims no one cared about with a nonsense killer that barely had any connection to Oakdale.

• Members

+1000. This could have been so great in theory- bringing back Powell & Zach full of rage toward Todd, bringing back Rebecca. Instead we got that awful recast Rebecca and they basically spit all over the history of one of OLTL's strongest stories ever. Need to stop thinking about it- starting to rage all over again.

Other stories that annoyed me:

OLTL:

Starr's pregnancy

Nora marrying Clint

The paternity of Matthew secret that went on for what felt like 45 years

The retcon that Niki took Jess to bars as a child where she was molested leading to Tess (although tess 1.0 had its good moments- the retcon was all wrong)

Al magically turning into John McBain's brother

Killing Gabrielle

GH:

Face of deception in the early 2000s where we had "good" Laura/Liz vs. "bad" Carly/Gia

Brenda's entire 2010 return- such a waste of the comeback Bob Guza waited years for

Zander being thrown under 27 buses for Nikolas & NuEmily. NuEmily generally.

Maxie & Georgie fighting over Lucas- the adopted cousin they had been raised with.

Killing Georgie

AMC:

2008-early 2011 generally

• Members

Altough I wasn't watching then I really hate the whole UnAbortion on AMC!!! Erica's original abortion is really good example of an Agnes Nixon PSA storyline but you can't use it because of the UnAbortion. They could have said when Erica had a one-night-stand with Jeff after her breakup with Tom. I read that She got depression after he breakup with Tom which led to her weight gain and going to the Fat Farm. Maybe they could have said Erica made it seem as if she were depressed which led to her weight gain from eating but she was really pregnant and Erica left town to give birth but gave everyone the impression she was going to a fat farm? They could also explain she didn't want another Abortion because she was afraid she would get another infection.

• Members

General Hospital:

The Text Message Killer. I thought that entire story and stupid as h-ll and IMO, I feel that it was just a way for Guza to get rid of characters (Emily, Georgie, & Coop) he considered deadweight. They did not fit into his mob centric stories and all these characters had heart. Though I didn't care for Emily (at not NL's version) I think that it was a tragedy to kill her only to retcon Emily's history by giving her a trashy twin sister. Killing off Georgie, who was not only the daughter of Frisco and Felicia, but the young ingenue with heart was just wrong. Georgie, who happened to be one of the reason I started GH regularly, being killed off has been one of the primary reasons why GH is still tainted to me. She was being written off anyways to join Dillon abroad but Guza had to make it sting even more by having her be strangled to death. Coop, who I still feel was/is the ONLY suitable love interest for Maxie, was stupidly murdered off too. A lot of fans saw potential in the character and still wonder if he was related to Brenda and the son of Julia. Sadly, that'll never be explored.

While we are on the topic of GH, I think that Logan becoming unhinged was a stupid story too. It was Guza's way of getting rid of one of his prototypes (Logan) for another one (Johnny). Logan had potential (like Coop) and making him Scotty Baldwin's son was genius because Josh Duhon uncannily resembled Kin Shriner and had that shady appeal to him too. Furthermore, Logan could've been that Scott-like character to Lulu, always being an obstacle in her pairings, but when Guza gets bored, he kills them off.

Another World:

The Lumina/Jordan Stark Saga. Having David Halliday's body being possessed by Jordan Stark from the past to get towards Amanda to heavily resembled his deceased wife, Amalie was stupid. That type of story wasn't Another World.

Marley going psycho was stupid too. It was out of character for her and ruined the character. Her locking Vicky up in a cage was just too much for me.

Guiding Light:

Clone Reva & Time Traveling Reva. These stories almost made me give up Guiding Light.

As the World Turns:

The Sofie Duran saga. Pointless character, pointless murder mystery, and all served a purpose just so that Gwen could finally get her hands on a baby. Ugh.

The Z Twins. One story that I just want to forget altogether. JP & CG needed their asses bludgeoned with stones for this crap story.

Young and the Restless:

The Grugeon Reliquary. That story was so effing stupid. This story marked the beginning of the downfall for Brad Carlton.

Chipmunk Kevin. Stupid. Just stupid.

• Members

I'm sure they had lots of fans. I thought they were better paired than Luke and Noah. I curse the day Nuke came along.....lol....Its too bad Goutman didnt have the balls to pair Luke with either Reid or Kevin long term at the end of the run. I know Kevin was out the picture long time ago ...but.....

• Members

Since a lot of us are talking about how we are annoyed by the death of the Q family I will tell you this:

I told someone who watched during the Golden Era of GH up until 6 years ago or so how I hate that GH killed most of the Q's and she said "Good!! I hated that family!!" I was like "Really". She said, "I guess for an obnoxious family there OK but that is the reason why I hated them"

• Members

Lori Jensen was a Spaulding intern who had been sleeping with Brad Green, an executive at the company. I believe Linda Cook popped up as Mama Jensen who hired Harley's Angels to find her missing daughter. This was a couple of years after the Chandra Levy story. Anyway, it looked like Brad had killed Lori, and I think Harley was convinced this was the case, but eventually Lori popped up and revealed she had set Brad up. This played out around mid-September until late October or early November. It wasn't a very long arc. Once Lori revealed she was alive, Lori disappeared again.

Brad stayed on during the investigation into Spaulding Pharmaceuticals, which I enjoyed but a lot of people hated. Springfield had a developed a drug scene and the Springfield PD believed there was a link between the street drug 'D'- delirium, a less than clever wordplay on ecstasy. Anyway, there was a mini mystery regarding who was supplying the street dealers with the high end Spaulding product. This all led into the revelation that Brad had once had an affair with Alexandra Spaulding and how he had blackmailed her into signing off on the transfer. This was the infamous 'Alexandra is a drug dealer' storyline even though she was really just blackmailed into signing some documents.

Antimonium may or may not have been connected to Delerium, but they definitely were playing out at the same time. Antimonium was Carrie Carrouthers drug of choice. I believe she provided some to Marah when she ended up shooting and 'killing' Carrie. Around the same time, Nico, Manny's ward, took a hit of D at the Conboy produced rave which ended with Danny scolding Lizzie for getting Nico high. Conboy was fired around this time and then the ratings really started to slide.

• Members

I have pretty much hated Nick & Sharon and their storylines on Y&R from day 1 and use to scream and throw stuff at the TV when they are on. Joshua Morrow is a sucky actor and can't act his way out of a paper bag. Sharon Case drives me up the wall with her bawling. The writers insist on keeping them front burner and has for decades. I wish these two would just go.

Archived