Vincent Irizarry Campaigns for Agnes Nixon for Kennedy Center Honors

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please, Agnes is just as worthy as tons of the people who've been honored in the past. The only reason why her "impact" would be questioned is because her work has directly impacted soap operas. Look at the number of honorees involved in dance, most of whom who are entirely unknown outside of that area.

• Members

At least dancing is an official part of "the Arts" and they can trot out some dancers to do Swan Lake or whatever.  I can't even think what they could possibly do as a presentation.  There are no songs, no dances, no nothing.   My favorite Kennedy Center was Mel Brooks. 

• Members

I would be thrilled if Agnes Nixon was honored in this manner. Agnes approached the issue of AIDS in an era that did not know much about it. Abortion with Erica. The first AA SuperCouple in daytime history brilliantly played by Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan which won both Emmy's. She set the standard for storylines with social issues and compelling drama. I would hope that a innovative creator of Daytime drama's would be recognized. The Smithsonian is recognizing Daytime. Susan Lucci is donating her gown when she won the Emmy and Melody Scott Thomas is donating one of her wedding dresses too. I would love it for Darnell and Debbi to donate the costumes they wore at the train station reunion scene/shack scene. Go Agnes.

• Members

It would be real cool for Susan Lucci and some others to reenact some pivotal scenes such as Erica telling Jeff she had an abortion and Cindy telling Angie she has AIDS. They could also redo part of the intervention scene with Mark.

You know, with Carol Burnett being a fan that may give her a good leg-up since Carol IS a legend and fan!!

Archived