Soap characters we hated that we were supposed to like

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dr. Sarah Potts (Shortland Street) - One of the biggest Mary Sue characters I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. Anytime someone even remotely hurts her I revel in glee. Sactimonious, hypocrticial, holier than thou stupid bitch. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she finds out her friend, who already has stolen her job, is sleeping with her hunky ex-husband/baby daddy. She will flip and it will be joyous.

• Members

Going back into ABC history

AMC- Becca Tyree (first name that came to mind when I read this), Laurel, Anita Santos, Ryan Lavery (the later years), Laura English (recast edition), Randi, Marissa 1.0, Del (not sure if we were supposed to love him but I hated that SMG Kendall got stuck with him)

GH- Lily, Miguel, Chloe Morgan, Abby, all the OLTL 3 reincarnated madness, Jenny Eckert, mid-2000s & beyond Carly/Jason/Sonny (with occasional flashes of non-hatred),

OLTL- Patrick Thornhart, Melanie MacIver, Gigi, all the Fords, Antonio Vega (post very early in his run), Cole, Grace Davidson-Rappaport, Maggie Carpenter,

• Members

Too many to count. I'll start off with Dixie, boy, did I hate her. She practically seduced a married Adam after Brooke befriended her and everyone went around acting like she was Adam's victim. To top it off, Brooke was her bridesmaid in her wedding to Tad. Of course, then there was her twin of the next generation, Babe. Next, the horrible Jenn Rappaport. I did a jig when she died a horrible death.

• Members

Two words that became the bane of my ATWT existence.... Katie Peretti. The eternally perky one dumped Mike, dropped dime on Jen to Craig to get him back, got caught screwing Mike by Jen and told her "I want to be your friend", then proceeded to cheat on him with Simon, blamed Simon for it until she chased him out of town, then moved on to Jack without taking a breath. Continually treated Henry like a lapdog, oh, and actually got mad at Vienna for nearly giving her her and Henry's child after V miscarried hers&Brad's--"accidently" causing V's own miscarriage as she ran after Katie to beg her forgiveness. I have never been so satisfied to see a new bride cheated on or become a widow and get denied her HEA.

She was later joined by her sister from another mother, Janet Ciccone. Don't get me started. Literally overnight she went from man-obsessed, neglectful mother to Italian earth mother---literally displacing Emma from her own kitchen. Three years ATWT's been gone, and I still get hives thinking about it.

• Members

This is gonna be a long one where I'll probably have to come back in an add more

AMC: Dixie, Erica Kane, Marissa(both versions)

B&B: Basically everyone

DAYS: Sami, Rafe, EJ, Jennifer, Daniel, Melanie, Hope, Stefano, Willow, John, Marlena, Arianna

GH: Sabrina, Felix, Jason, Sam, Carly, Luke, Michael(All versions but especially CD's) , Abby, LA's Kristina, Starr, Todd, John Mcbain, Franco, Kiki, Silas

OLTL: Todd, Victor, Tea, Starr, Blair, Gigi, Rex, The Ford brothers, David Vickers, Matthew, Dani

Passions: Theresa Lopez Fitzgerald( one of the worse soap characters ever), Sheridan, Ethan, the horrible mother Grace, Martin Fitzgerald

Sunset Beach: Meg

Y&R: Phyllis, MM's Adam, Daisy, MR's Abby, AH's Victoria, BM's Billy, Chloe, Victor under MAB

• Members

I don't really watch the other soaps (used to watch DAYS) but couldn't agree more on the bolded (except OLTL's Blair. Used to like Matthew but not anymore.) For OLTL, I'd also add Jack, Jen Rappaport, Spencer Truman, and Antonio to that list. For Passions, I would add Luis, Katherine, Charity, and Jessica (I especially couldn't stand Danica Stewart's Jessica.)

Archived