The Real (New Talk Show starring Tamera Mowry and others)

Eric83

• Members

Screen-Shot-2013-06-12-at-7.27.50-PM.png

What do you get when you pair Tamar Braxton up with actress Tamera Mowry-Housley, TV personality Adrienne Bailon, comedian Loni Love and fashion expert Jeannie Mai? You get a more diverse, hip and younger version of The View. Hello!
On July 15, a new roundtable style show titled The Real will make it’s debut on Fox affiliate stations and it will feature the five busy career ladies dishing on everything from the latest celeb gossip to their views on love, sex and relationships. Basically the girls will be chatting about all the things we love to talk about during after work happy hours and visits to the salon.

A teaser of the new show has hit the net, and it shows the girls sharing fun tidbits, such as Tamera’s revelation that she dated actor Seth MacFarlane for a day:

I dated Seth MacFarlane for a day. He loves black girls and I’m the reason why! Once you go black you never go back!

There are other relatable topics that are covered, such as Jeannie Mai having to schedule time to have sex with her hubby because of her busy career, and of course, with such a diverse cast, the topic will venture into race. At one point in the panel, Jeannie asks Tamar why she would be mad at a black man for datingoutside of his race and Tamar’s response was:

“Because I was bitter as hell! When you are in that space, especially when you like a guy, and he got a little interracial relationship going on, you start feeling a certain type of way towards those women. Maybe my self esteem wasn’t where it was supposed to be.”

Overall, the cast is very diverse and seems to have great chemistry. Three of the girls are married and two are single. Tamera’s selling point of the show was:

The greatest thing about America is it’s diversity. This show reflects that diversity. No matter who you are, there is someone at this table that will be speaking for you.

Catch the preview below:

What Do You Think? Will You Tune In?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A hot ass mess but I'll give a shot. That's only because of my love for Loni Love, who is HILARIOUS. I love Tamera too but she can be dramatic at times and Tamar too. I like Adrienne too and I don't know Jeannie Mai, but again, I'll give it a shot. I'm gonna be honest though, if they get picked up, I'm going to need them too get a new damn set. That crap is atrocious.

• Members

What a dumb name. I wasn't interested but you had me at Loni Love. LOVE her. Hate Tamar Braxton though and would hope they fire her soon. Surprised this is on network tv bc I immediately thought BET when I saw that pic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched some of this yesterday and today. For a show called "The Real", it was rather fake and contrived at times. At the end of the first episode, one of the hosts wanted to celebrate the moment by taking a picture with her phone to post on Instagram. They all gathered to pose and her phone's camera was now projected on screen. This was obviously planned and not quite the sweet spontaneous moment it was intended to look like. Understandably, the hosts are really trying to sell it, to make it pop their first week, at times overcompensating with the energy. I like all of the hosts just fine, they just need to relax. But the theme song has got to go, it is blaring and obnoxious. I never ever reach for the mute button, but I couldn't even get to it fast enough. They also dance at the end of every episode, up in the aisles with the audience or just onstage. I think that's going to get old pretty soon. Though I'd be interested so see how that goes when someone's in a pissy mood that day.

• Members

I hope the show succeeds though I probably won't watch it regularly. Honestly, I'm intrigued by the idea of seeing Love and Mowry have deep, teary, serious moments, little windows into their personal lives. Especially Loni.

Archived