• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So excited about this week and the character-driven writing. OLTL is taking great care to show character points of view and motivations. I see this as SBH and TR's influence and I hope it's not lost. I don't think things would have felt as slow, as someone above mentioned, if there hadn't been a reduction in shows. This week there seemed to be lots of story movement. Todd and Blair seemed like themselves in that they were working as a team. Nora and Bo are so adorable and I like how Nora was allowed to kind of step outside of herself via the podcast to view the situation with Matthew and her babying him. Matt is finally going to see Michelle. And, I see now that even though Dorian and David love each other, Dorian is considering that maybe David's life will be more complete as a father. Robin says so much with her expressions. The scenes were short but poignant. I am looking forward to the next show and I feel like OLTL is getting into it's groove. I'm not sure how I feel about the outtakes at the end. Tuesday's "bonus" ran with the credits so it didn't detract from actual show minutes. I do like the outtakes as long as it doesn't cut too much into show time.

• Members

For once I actually enjoyed the youngsters. Their reactions to Matthew calling into the show were cute and fun, and I thought that was a very clever way to have Matthew have a hard conversation with his parents. It avoided that heavy, cloying, soap feel that scream "This is an emotional beat people! Get it?".

I want Cutter to go back to prison. Fool. More concerned about the club's reputation than people's lives. I'll be curious what he tells that cop. But on this show, it's possible we won't even see it. I know that's a technique and it's not that uncommon on other primetime shows, but I'm still having difficulty making the adjustment.

I loved David and Dorian's conversation. They both show more self awareness and it humanizes them, and makes them less cartoonish than previously.

I thought Bora's radio show was kind of boring too. But I still enjoyed Bo sitting there so excited about this project for Nora. He's just so cute.

• Members

Loved Todd & Blair today, he's finally telling her the truth and not trying to hide it from her.

As much as I really need a break from Mathew (I don't care if its just one day) the stuff with him calling into the radio show was good. It was funny to watch dani & Jeffery's expressions and to see how Nora & Bo handled it.

Disappointed in Cutter!

So are they setting it up for David's long lost child to show up in town?

Previews looked awesome - Natalie giving it to Clint, even if I'm on Clint's side. I hope to God with all that is happening to Viki her alters do NOT show up, I need some happiness in her life to off set all the bad.

• Members

Another strong ep- PP better figure this union debacle because both shows were just wonderful this week.

Loved Todd letting Blair in on the tattoo mystery. Loved how she said she would take care of the Tea aspect- Kassie delivered that line really well. Felt like early TnB.

Bo & Nora were adorable today. I was pleasantly surprised as some said that Matthew knew right away- I thought we'd be in for weeks of Matthew calling the Nightbird & Bo & Nora attempting to manipulate the situation that way (too many years of Ron C writing). Rob & Hillary both delivered really well (Eddie who? that is how I feel at this point so brava Allison Goodman). I am curious where the radio show story goes from here though.

Dani & Jeffrey were a fun little greek chorus. The buildup to Michelle has been annoying but I am excited to see where it goes now that we're beyond skype.

Liked the David & Dorian scene. David's relaxed attitude that the Matthew/Des & Drew situation will work itself out in time contrasts nicely with Bora & Clint's hyper-concern. Surprised that they chose to make Dorian melancholy on the child thing- that seemed a little not Dorian but I guess it set up the conversation about younger women.

More bloopers?!? I liked them but I really don't want this to cut down run time everyday. Put them on MORE, make them bonus clips- that would be grand.

Can't wait for the Natalie/Clint confrontation- glad it looks like she will put that together fast.

• Members

I suspected weeks ago that Todd was the one behind the surveillance. It just looked like it was his place, that's all I can say to explain that.

I definitely think AMC has come out on the better end of this reduced 2 episode per week format but it looks as if the individual stories on OLTL are starting to take shape. I'm hoping there will truly be some Action on the Todd/Blair/VT story as well as the Pellegrino Fund.

The Natalie/John conflict is coming to a head (I'd be shocked if Clint weren't the one behind it all). It's just a shame that GH and OLTL couldn't come to consensus with the timing but they're clearly on different schedules--some aspects of this story seem fairly disjointed but it's probably a temporary story anyway.

The spoilers looked well done but why more Bonus Clips?! It's so obviously filler that it's sad now. The Bonus Clips are perfect for their You Tube Channel or the More show.

I like the Nora and Bo scenes--did not think I would but I did.

Archived