• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want:
*More T&B loveliness after Todd saved Blair's life.
*Nat to end this John nonsense once and for all so that she can repeat that Petco scene for OLTL with Cutter.
*Jack.
*Jeff being a reporter and nothing else for now. I won't jinx it by mentioning that first letter of the alphabet...

• Members

I'm happy to hear the stories are coming together now. The past few weeks people have gone on about how OLTL seems a bit slow and is lacking storylines, but if you notice those calls only came when the show switched to the 2-day format. These episodes were written to be part of a 4 day week, so by cutting them it's going to feel slow. AMC has fared better because it is more plot driven and fast moving, but OLTL has been more character driven which can read slow at times. I'll never forget how hard it was watching Ryan's Hope once SOAPnet started airing only TWO episodes per week. It was just impossible to get anywhere with the story since it was obviously meant to be aired 5 episodes per week.

I'm happy to hear the stories are coming together now. The past few weeks people have gone on about how OLTL seems a bit slow and is lacking storylines, but if you notice those calls only came when the show switched to the 2-day format. These episodes were written to be part of a 4 day week, so by cutting them it's going to feel slow. AMC has fared better because it is more plot driven and fast moving, but OLTL has been more character driven which can read slow at times. I'll never forget how hard it was watching Ryan's Hope once SOAPnet started airing only TWO episodes per week. It was just impossible to get anywhere with the story since it was obviously meant to be aired 5 episodes per week.

• Members

I loved Nora realizing she and Bo need to let Matthew grow up, but I thought it was stupid when she didn't answer the first caller right off.

Poor Tuc Watkins keeps getting the worst dialogue I've ever heard on a soap. He can be so witty when written well, but sadly it's not happening at all on the reboot.

[!@#$%^&*], the shooter missed Todd!mad.gif

How disappointing that Todd was the one behind the video screens. Todd & Blair couldn't get more boring if they tried.

The best part of this episode was the preview for the next! I can't wait to see Viki's world fall apart and Matthew meet Michelle.

• Members

That was a very, very good show. These last two have been the best in weeks, though I did think those last several shows were good, just much slower and focused on character.

The Nora/Nightbird/Matthew stuff was a wonderful twist - I was assuming she'd put on a sultry voice as Al had done as the Voice of the Night to disguise herself, but instead she was talking normally and I was mentally rolling my eyes thinking, 'there is no way Matthew or anyone else who knows Nora is going to fall for this.' And then the kids were onto her immediately! That and their reactions were hilarious. "This is awesome." I was so glad they didn't insult our intelligence, because the fact is that on RC's show, Matthew would not have caught on to his mother's yammering voice.

And what resulted from that was actually a very surprisingly poignant, layered scene between the two. Really good stuff, and easily Robert Gorrie's best work in the role so far. Really lovely. I was very impressed.

As for Todd and Blair, I couldn't be happier. He actually told her everything, showed her his insane NSA video setup, and she decided she could be in on it. When she looked at Tea's place and said "I'll handle that," I got a little thrill. It's the first time they've been united in that way in many, many, many years. The question, of course, is whether Blair would go all the way down the line with Todd to kill Victor if that's what it took. I don't think she would. I expect she may tell Tea everything, including Todd's ultimatum.

I have a terrible feeling that Bruce is a mole for Operation: Riverdance (the tattoo people). He's too cute to be evil.

The D&D scene was nice but too brief. I was hoping they'd have longer to talk seriously, but they ended it on a joke, which wasn't wholly necessary. When the show started up again David was Dorian's straight man, her rock, and he still is but I could use a little more of that semi-sober stuff from him again. It's obviously building to either his infidelity or her jealousy, or maybe even his long-lost son, but I'd like them to lay more of the character groundwork with those two. They've mostly been swanning around town interacting with others lately, which is fine, but I enjoy seeing them in their marriage, seeing what makes them tick now.

Next week looks glorious as well. I missed Natalie and her story terribly today. But two damn good shows. AMC and OLTL are neck and neck again.

• Members

Dorian sad bc she and David cant have a kid? Granny, please! I cant believe out of all men she wound up with, it was David and he's been pushed as her OTP

This Bo and Nora ish is boring ass hell. Yaaawwwnnnnn. How the heck did Matthew even find this show?

The preview looked good. The music they played and how it was presented was very well done

Archived