Michael Fairman to host TOLN Soaps Live

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok maybe they chose Michael cause he has been doing this the longest then Dan Kroll. Both r very supportive but they wanted Blogtalk & Dan works with Voice America. Could be a reason. Geez its not the end of the world. MF will be great

• Members

What I don't get is it is only 1 hour long and they are supposed to have clips etc. So how much of it will be actual talk, and will they prescreen callers so they don't have to be on hold for so long.

• Members

Although I think it's a good idea to use a different venue and medium to help publicize the show and answer viewers' questions, I wish there were a rotation of hosts.

Maybe Fairman does 2-3 shows and then another host for 2-3 shows.

I'm not a fan of SOC but I think the guy who runs the site (can't remember his name) could be fair.

I also think Roger Newcomb could be fair too.

After that, I'm coming up empty though.

And the 10pm EST time will ensure that I won't be able to tune in Live. I'll have to download the next evening or something.

I don't think it's a bad idea...they might pick up more potential viewers on a blogtalk radio format but I'd prefer it if they rotate the hosts. I'm not sure whether Michael Fairman will hold my interest for long.

• Members

I would've given it to Dan Kroll, personally.

But whatever, it doesn't bother me. I don't know why all these other bloggers are showing out like this is the crown jewel of their lives and another reason to rage on PP. It's just a little talk show. Fairman is annoying but he's no more or less annoying or crazy than most of the rest of them.

• Members

Does DC TV Source Or Nelson expect to get the call. They have craped on PP all along

I agree Dan Kroll would be good but they already have a relationship business wise with MF so I get why he was chosen

• Members

Dan Kroll, that was the name I was trying to remember (LOL).

If they could've rotated between a few hosts, I would've preferred that, but I'm not really put off by MF.

If anything is going to be a challenge, it's the 10pm EST time. I most likely won't be able to tune in live, or if I do, it will only be for about 20 minutes or so.

Still, I think it could be a good thing. Especially if the callers ask good, pertinent questions. And I hope they do call screen. No offense, but I want some sensible questions from callers. And even if someone is frustrated, they can express themselves and still maintain etiquette.

I've been waiting to hear from PP in this format, so in some manner I'll check it out.

• Members

As I already said, I like Michael. But he and Dan both gush too much IMO. And the others would be even worse. It's a shame they're so determined to swipe at PP at every opportunity. And then they will defend anything Ron does and call it "brilliant". The disparity is too severe to even make a pretense at being unbiased.

Archived