Michael Fairman to host TOLN Soaps Live

• Members

No she's competent. I'd just prefer someone who seems like she knows the characters because she watched the shows and is genuinely excited to talk about them. Then again, I'm with you on the fan interaction.

Hopefully launching this blogtalk thing means that PP is not sweating the union dispute too much and is moving along with their plans.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get what you're saying but honestly I feel like that's part of how we got here. You don't have to be a fan in order to do a decent job hosting a bit of fluff like these shows are and the idea that you have to be personally invested creates a bit of a circle jerk effect.

Not that I care all that much. I don't even watch the MORE eps and I'm not going to tune into this.

• Members

I don't think someone needs to be a fan to be competent, but they need good research to ask decent questions. You have to pay to host a Blogtalk radio show, but the cost is minimal for a company like PP. The cheapest is $399 a year (or $39 a month), up to 50 callers, and 2 hours per day.

• Members

Thats valid- fan agendas don't always serve shows well. She's fine- I'll dutifully watch/half pay attention to MORE for the previews and to support the show. And if she's low budget as the First lady of PP, great.

I really thought some earth shattering PP press release was coming from a few of their tweets before I saw what it was actually about.

• Members

TOLN (The OnLine Network) announced today the launch of a new live interactive audio broadcast, “TOLN SOAPS Live with Michael Fairman,” which will debut Thursday, June 20th via BlogTalkRadio, the world’s largest social broadcasting platform.

The weekly hour-long show will originate every Thursday at 10pm EST/7pm PST, and feature prominent guests involved with “One Life to Live” and “All My Children,” the fan-favorite serial dramas that were recently revived by Prospect Park via TOLN, and will be hosted by veteran soap journalist Michael Fairman, who will bring his brand of engaging chat, entertaining and lively interviews, humor, and soap knowledge to each broadcast.

Listeners can tune in at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tolnsoaps. Each live episode is also available as a downloadable podcast, via blogtalkradio.com and iTunes.

“TOLN SOAPS Live with Michael Fairman” will give fans a unique opportunity to get up close and personal with the stars and creatives behind “All My Children” and “One Life to Live,” with exclusive interviews from the world of TOLN Soaps and will provide the opportunity for fans to call in and ask their burning questions, share their point of view and chat on a weekly basis with special guests about latest hot topics, controversy, and storylines out of Llanview and Pine Valley.

The inaugural guest on the June 20th edition of “TOLN SOAPS Live with Michael Fairman” will be Prospect Park's CEO Jeff Kwatinetz, giving fans a unique opportunity to have their questions answered directly by Kwatinetz, the man responsible for reviving these iconic series.

On the launch of TOLN SOAPS first BlogTalkRadio show, and his upcoming appearance Kwatinetz related “I’m very much looking forward to chatting with Mr. Fairman and especially hearing directly from fans, without whom we wouldn’t have these shows. It’s a great forum to get a direct dialogue going and for me to hear and respond to all of the chatter that “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” inspires among our passionate viewers."

In addition to exclusive interviews, special guests and interaction with fans, the weekly broadcast, which airs the same day as the TOLN Soaps final episode of the week, host Michael Fairman will identify and playback the standout moments and performances of the week from “All My Children” and “One Life to Live,” plus other special audio content throughout the show.

• Members

Honest criticism. It sounds personal. Some r like it should Navell Lee or Roger Newcomb. Not Fairman. Nothing perfessional. Sounds like 2 year olds going mine mine mine

They want honest questions not fluff. Did these guys not read MF's Jen Pepperman interview. Very Candid no fluff IMO

Archived