AMC: Monday June 10, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mayor Blanco did suspend Jesse in the ABC run. He was suspended at one time. Jesse wanted to resign at certain points too. So leaving his Chief's desk has happened before.

I hope that the aftermath of the Cassandra story does NOT be a breakdown of Jesse and Angie's marriage. Debbi and Darnell's roles with a strong AA family and marriage makes them role models in the AA community and respected. SuperCouple forever. The writers might make it a realistic sense of tension and friction in the household and maybe counseling along with Cassandra and that would be more realistic and natural for Angie and Jesse. Their relationship survived a 20 year loss due to Jesse being on the run from the bad guys and so it will survive this too. Getting through the hard times just makes their relationship more stronger.

• Members
Blanco was created long after the event I just described.

jesse is pretty much trading Cassandra for the lives of the countless women Uri will continue to kidnap, have beaten, raped, etc... Of course she will be grateful to have her daughter back but it wouldn't settle right if she didnt feel uneasy about the implications on what Jesse did on "her behalf". I hope the time she spent with dumpster ho is reflected on how she feels about this

• Members

Indeed. I'm seeing some strain there. It'll be interesting watching Angie, Jesse and Cass try to be a family again once she gets home.

Plus the fact that he's essentially setting up Zach for the murder. When all the stuff with Uri comes out, I could easily see Angie saying that she just doesn't know her husband anymore and that she's sick of Jesse involving other people in his secrets and lies all in her name.

• Members

No she'd rather Cassandra home and safe, but that doesn't mean she has to be okay with the underhanded methods and the lives potentially destroyed in the process of getting her back. This isn't a black and white situation. Its a lot more complex than you are making or seeing it out to be.

• Members

I think she'd rather have a husband she could trust. One whose bad judgment doesn't put her, her kids and their friends as risk of death and imprisonment every couple of years. She might also like a husband who doesn't use, "I was protecting you!" as his excuse for every stupid decision he makes.

• Members

I totally agree. I much prefer feeling like the ep was a little slow over feeling like I missed a bunch of things. AMC was pretty much done filming when the 2 ep announcement was made (I think that was made on a Thursday and their cycle ended that Friday) so I wonder if this will be the norm all summer.

Archived