Y&R Paternity Spoiler

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you missed my point. If this had happened when she was a toddler, she could have easily been removed from the Newman family and Phyllis tie to Nick would have been severed. Its too late for that now. I don't imagine Nick or the Newman's disowning her. She is a part of the family, no matter what the tests say.

• Members

I hope this is more exciting then it sounds!

I really just can't wait to see Victor's face.....I know he and Summer barely interacted but I wonder if it will make Victor uneasy that who he thought was his granddaughter is his archenemys daughter.

On second thought, I wouldn't be surprise if Victor being the typical "Newmans can do no wrong" will be proud of Nicholas for sticking to his guns despite the fact that he hurt so many people......Then from there this will cause Victor and Adam's relationship to strain as Victor starts to think that Nick is more
"Newman" than he thought.

• Members

Summer finding out at 18 offers more fall-out then if she were a toddler. At 18, you are on the cusp of adult-hood and I had friends who went into extreme emotional tailspins when their parents divorced at that age.. so i can imagine finding out someone else is your father is going to shake one's identity to the core.

Ironic that Phyllis has another child being raised by an incorrect father... though the twist is that she had no idea what the results were. It will be interesting to see everyone's reaction to Nick doing it since everyone would assume Phyllis would have pulled this given her past history. Now I'm curious to see how Phyllis will be written off.

Lastly, I can see now why kyle was recast since the other Kyle and Summer had chemistry... yet I think it would have added to the angst all around (after all back in the 1970s, Lori Brooks was in love with this one guy who turned out to be her half-brother and caused her extreme angst).

Archived