GH: Week of May 27 Discussion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She didn't stop watching because of one character. That one character leaving was her last straw. She stopped watching because of the OLTLers plus the death of Robin plus Jason's leaving (and also Kate/Connie. I forgot to mention her. She called that "a circus act.") You can't expect people to keep hanging on when you get rid of one thing after another that they like and force feed them stuff they hate. Mind you she didn't ragequit in a huff, she just stopped caring.

• Members

Well there is ONE major difference. The CEO of NBC has expressed his continuing support of Days on numerous occasions. If NBC wanted to cancel Days, there is no reason they would not have done so long before now. ABC doesn't seem so supportive. IMHO.

• Members

Since I've been an avid soap opera fan for the last 10-11 years, I try not to complain too much because I've seen it all (the good, the bad, the ugly), but oh man, GH is completely unwatchable. I'm a huge OLTL fan, but I despise the new characters (not so much ME's character because I haven't seen much of him). Roger as Franco? I thought we collectively agreed that Franco was a major mistake and a huge waste of airtime: who's bright idea was it to bring him back? He doesn't even remind me of James Franco! I felt that Carly was yelling at Todd at all the mistakes he's made in Friday's episode. Come on, Ron!

I've never had any major problems with KA (sorry), but I don't get who Lauren/KiKi is. I would much rather have a brand new actress play this role. Throwing her in the mix with Michael is too confusing for any casual viewer that remembers their relationship. In regards to Morgan's gambling storyline with KiKi/Ava, I thought GH was moving away from the mob, but why are they suddenly gravitating toward it?

I hope the three go on the back burner. Soon. Like starting tomorrow. Again, nothing against the actors, but this isn't working right now. I'd rather get back to LuLu/Dante + Maxie (glad Lu's mem. is back), Nikolas/Liz/AJ, anything w/ Tracy and more Brit (and less Sabrina, if possible. :P).

• Members

My problem with Sabrina is that I've seen her done better, back when I was growing up and watching Guiding Light.

Sabrina Santiago ain't no Samantha Marler.

The similarities are there: kind of goofy, awkward, gawky, tendency to be annoying sometimes, naive and sheltered (Samantha had health problems when she was a kid, so her father had a tendency towards overprotectiveness).

I don't really remember if Samantha was really all that popular, but I loved her because I thought she was so real. She was an actual genuine nice girl who took a REALISTIC amount of time to come out of her shell. And we the viewers didn't need some "tails to her heads" to hit us over the head with the fact that this was a nice girl and no one spent all their airtime extolling the virtues of Samantha Marler like RC seems to think his viewers need because we're too stupid to figure out that Sabrina is the new saint of Port Charles.

The sad thing is, Theresa Castillo has a very likable quality to her and the character COULD have worked, they just didn't care enough to take the time to let the viewers start caring rather than trying to MAKE us care right off the bat.

• Members

Ron Carlivati needs to stay off Twitter he practically stalked this one Twitterer and he found out where he went to school and publicly threatened to call the cops and have him expelled from school on Twitter over this measly tweet

@carlivatiron its okay you know? Because when you squint, you hardly notice the 10 year age difference and the hair

BLoDcdcCMAA9scy.jpg

• Members

I saw that and tweeted a recommendation to the kid to have his parents call the cops themselves.

Obviously, I am now blocked from responding to RC's Twitter feed. Devastating. wink.png

I'm seriously starting to believe RC is mentally unbalanced.

• Members

Whoo! I thought I was the only one who was reminded of Samantha Marler (they even look alike, although Sam had better hair and makeup). And I thought I was the only Sam fan! This is quite a day.

Tell me - did you watch Night Trap?

Archived