AMC: Monday May 27, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

Today's episode was good! I loved the JR/AJ scenes. Eden's Bianca continues to be annoying

I like Lea and I didn't think I would. I liked the scenes with her and Zach.

I just HATE that the writing for JR hasn't changed. I get people don't have reason to trust him but damn he was in a freaking coma for 5 years give him some benefit of the doubt till he gives you reason not too.

I also hate the writing for David like everyone else is wrong for now bowing down at his feet cause he "saves lives"

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This episode was alright.

I'm confused though, is Joe back to being chief of staff again? I thought he was only back in Pine Valley temporarily. Maybe he is on the board of the hospital? Also, how was David "leapfrogging years of research" in prison? LOL.

I agree that JR may end up using the steroids because he's frustrated with his recovery and he doesn't want to go through the proper procedures.

It was nice AJ was so firm that he is not like the rest of his family. It would be good if AJ exposed his whole team too.

Zach and Lea don't do it for me. Zach is acting super skeevy, and we don't know enough about Lea yet other than this kind of stereotypical thing about how she has a chip on her shoulder because she's a woman in what might be considered a "man's job."

Nice Joe/Cara scene but Cara was kind of quick to tell Joe everything, even if he used to be her father-in-law.

Previews look good with Opal confronting David about his trying to get involved with Cortlandt Electronics.

• Members

tumblr_m688ajBrT01rwcc6bo1_400.gif

whenever I hear that guitar riff, Im convinced that God is testing me

Of course Zach only wants to take Miranda and Bianca out for dinner. The heck with Casper

Zc5XBly.jpg?1

She is reminding me a lot of her AMC 1.0 days with all that mascara

Good to see Lea has a PC and not MacBook

When I saw the scene of JR finding the drugs, I was like that's a new scene? I feel like Ive seen it several times already and was watching a rerun.

Zach's orgasm game ohmy.png

Man the stairs at the Chandler mansion are tiny. Just hit me that its merely just LaBoulae

I hated that little snitch bitch rolling back into the room so proud of herself for snitching on Cassandra!

Angie is CoS. Joe is a consultant

• Members

Speaking of which, I forgot all about that. Its surprising he wasn't thrown in jail for that! Kidnapping, TONS of medical violations, illegal research, etc.....all of that was reason enough for him to be jailed and lose his medical license. Having him shoot JR and that being the reasoning in retrospect kind of seems unnecesary

• Members

Good ep. A nice mix of characters. I loved Dr. Joe's conversation with Cara. If I were feeling bad, I'd definitely want a hug from Joe Martin and even though I hated seeing the return of Joe vs. Dr. Evil I enjoyed the way he threw his shade. "No David, I'll give you five minutes out here then I'll call security."

Love Eric Nelsen but today he was definitely in theatre mode. I wanted to tell him to calm down because he didn't have to play to the people in the balcony. AJ's wound so tight that he's moving into "Rebel Without A Cause" territory. I half expected JR to pocket the steroids so he could get his strength back faster.

There's something perfect about the image of Zach sitting in the dark for hours with his computer furiously clicking on the screen trying to bring some fake woman to orgasm. I don't know who on the writing staff came up with that but whoever they are, I love them for it.

And from the "you know you've been watching soaps for too long when you..." file, whenever I hear an actor say the line, "I'm not that man anymore," I think of Michael Zaslow.

• Members

Seems like Bianca is gearing up toward telling Miranda the truth about her father.

JR and AJ had good scene, lots of tension there.

I don't know why David even bothered to pitch anything to Joe, he knows that barely anyone in town wants any connections to him.

The human trafficking story continues to be very disturbing, but it's being written realistically so far.

• Members

I didnt think JR could take the roids. Good idea

I also belive now that JR doesnt remember about the shooting given his face when AJ told him Brooke & Adam don't buy his amnesia

• Members

I liked seeing different people. David's getting the Adam treatment. Adam has been 'evil' no matter what and the blame every time even though many times the hypocrites were at fault.

David attempted to kill JR in a moment of passion over his daughter being killed in front of him. Cara's treating him bringing up his son like he was Charlie Manson. Her lying about him being dead is a bit extreme. And how does JR - the one who inadvertantly caused Mirissa's death - deserve a second chance but not the man she supposedly loves and is the father of her child? WTF?

AJ is just a whiny bore to me at this point. What exactly is his big suffering? His grandparents (Brooke - might as well be his grandmother - and Adam) have done a wonderful job raising him. He's treated wonderfully and lives in a big mansion which apparently he gets to himself to whine with his BFF all the time. What's the problem? And why do we need to hear about it EVERY episode? And could EN overact a bit more. I had to turn the volume down. Dear God.

I like Bianca. The dinner was interesting but then she got called away cue 'poor putupon Miranda' needs to go whine to AJ so we can get another round of 'you're the bestest/no you're the bestest.' Nice day off from Pete/Celia. Will I ever get any from these two?

I think the show would do just fine without Zack. Is there really a need to give him another love interest? Sorry Brooke's permission to have even more Ajanda scenes while she's not on is offscreen relayed by Dixie? But we have AT to spend on useless Zach and this FBI person? RME

Nice seeing Joe at the hospital. Liked to see more of that. Nice that Jessie/Angie got a day off but then it was filled with Zach and his FBI bimbo.

Let Cass go. It's getting harder and harder to watch.

Need Adam to come back from wherever he went and let Ajanda take an 'extended trip' offscreen for awhile. Isn't there some summer camp the two can attend? Maybe Pelia can join them and make it a foursome.

Cady said PP were getting complaints about the lack of balance between the adult (vet) stories and the time given to the teens. Hopefully the new HWs will address this. Just a shame I have to wait until fall to see if they do. 'First Lady of Pine Valley' Brooke should have the story and airtime that goes with that and not be used as a human prop. There's no reason her AT and story aren't along the lines of what ES's Viki is getting on OLTL, yet if you were a new viewer you wouldn't even know who she was on the odd day she appears or that she had any signifigance to AMC for over 30 yrs (and you're certainly not going to know from that Godawful '3 week recap' RME) .

IMO, stuff like this was a big reason MM/ES got the heave ho. Hoping Chip/Lisa do a much better job.

• Members

She could care less about JR and thinking he deserves a second chance. She is clearly keeping an eye on him to protect her secret and that's the reason she is playing nice with him and staying on his good side

IA that AJ is annoying and he's getting on my nerves but isn't his suffering obvious? His birth mother died saving his life and then the one he came to love as his mother was murdered by his father, who was a drunk with anger issues and caused AJ pain when he was a child. JR destroyed his family and now he's back as if nothing happened. I think AJ's angst towards him is understandable and he should be giving JR hell and feeling resentment. So what if he lives in a mansion....that's materialistic. He has some deep rooted issues that all the money in the world cant mask. It doesn't seem as if he's talked about this stuff much with Adam and Brooke as he internalizes his pain, only using Miranda as an outlet. He was seemingly doing fine till JR came back and honestly Im surprised he can stand to be in the same house as him. If Tad were around, I could easily see him moving out to go live with him

• Members

After watching @AllMyChildren today, I so love the father/son scenes with @Ryan_Bittle's JR & @EricNelsen's AJ. I totally buy that JR doesn't remember. His face when AJ told him his family didn't buy his amnesia soold me that Jr's speaking truth. Re the steroids: Will JR throw the out or will his determination to be 100% again lead him to use the steroids himself?

• Members

Today's episode was so good. I loved that the episode moved so quickly and a lot came out like Zach & Lea getting a clue about Cass and Uri telling Cass she is going to be sold. Also, I am glad we know for sure David has a Son with Cara. I think Cara is for sure using JR but I think a see a couple in the making.

But my favorite part was the father son moments with JR & AJ. There is so much drama to be played with that screwed up family dynamic. And I do think Kendall will still air and that may be the way they have ER exit until she can come back.

Archived