AMC: Monday May 27, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same! I thought I had a brain tumor! Zach and Jesse were a good pairing. My favorite moment will always been when they were talking about Cass' disappearance and Jesse looked at Zach and said "What the [!@#$%^&*] are you talking about?" I'd finally seen another character speak the words I'd uttered so many times.

A little while ago I'd debated suggesting a re-watch in honor of the one year anniversary but after looking at some clips I realized that I couldn't bring myself to do it.

• Members

I liked Zach a lot on the reboot. He was still somewhat boorish and chauvinistic, but those were genuine shadings of his character, they were no longer seen as just truth-telling badges of honor. (A similar thing was done with Pete, BTW - he was suave and handsome and winning, but he had issues with anger and his overwhelming ambition which, IMO, rivaled some of Agnes's old male leads; when he raged on David's press conference while Celia was wilting away, we were clearly not meant to root for his tone-deaf behavior which left him unable to connect to the woman who needed him.)

There was a sense that Zach was this sort of beaten-down, shabby ex-hero, that all his old posturing had been stripped away, that it was all just a sad echo of his old Fronsian self in the wake of his losing his wife and his sons. And he knew it was his fault, too. It wasn't overly stated, but I thought it was a very honest depiction of that kind of man at that particular age - of him trying to come out of that fog. Getting involved with Lea was part of that for him, but I think the biggest thing was his relationship with Miranda and other family or extended family.

I haven't rewatched as much of it as OLTL, but it was just so, so good.

• Members

I also found Zach much more tolerable on the reboot.

I watched the first episode again on April 29th, but couldn't bring myself to rewatching the whole series yet. Maybe this summer.

Wonderful assessment and ICAM!

• Members

Oh, man, I love this old thread being brought back up. I have also been considering watching the whole thing again and probably will when I have a little more time. I think Vee's assessment of Zach was spot on. I did like him better this time around. The writers on 1.0 were really crapping on him for a while there.

• Members

I appreciated Vee's Zach comment as well. It shows a difference that writers *and* many fans don't seem to get--when you're being TRUE to a basic character trait no matter how unpleasant that may be as opposed to when you are forcing an agenda on the character.

• Members

What I recall before the reboot came back was how AJ/Miranda were going to be the young couple everyone would be rooting for, yet Celia's gal pal Heather ended up getting more fans then Miranda did eventually. What's even funnier is that the Heather character was suppose to be a one episode character yet the show bought her back as a spoiler to AJ/Miranda.. but she and AJ had more chemistry to me then AJ/Miranda did.

I often wonder had the show continued and Miranda's conception came to light, if we would have seen Miranda turn to the dark side and become more like Kendall/Erica? She had some shades of her aunt and grandmom, but was even whinier then Bianca was at that age.. who thought that would be possible LOL

• Members

I think most people liked A.J. and Miranda a lot. They just happened to also like Heather. And the show clearly did too, which is why they gave Stevie Steel a bigger role.

I was very happy with all three kids, but I definitely wanted A.J. and Miranda.

• Members

oh i know your a guy! LOL! im sorry, its guess its just my southren-ness ; - )

Bitch was rude and boring. sick of that mean-girl stereotype.yep! kendall wasnt like her at ALL!

I actually liked zach in the reboot. even though he needed a damn shower. idk. maybe cuz I thought kendall deserved better and preferred her with ryan or griffin. he was ruined for me when he shot josh to just use his heart.

yep! feel free to use :D

Archived