Soap Characters you can relate too or remind you of people in the real world

• Members

So, What characters can you relate to and what characters are similar to people you know??

If possible please explain!

My mom is a cross between Erica Kane, Dorian Lord, and Nora (OLTL).

My Dad is kinda like a non-villainous Billy Clyde Tuggle

I am a lot like Annie (AMC) because I always felt left out and ostracized. That and I was always the scapegoat when I was in HS. I am also a lot like Erica because I hate being in a small/medium size town. I always wanted to be in a city like NY (just nowhere on the west coast!!)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Bert Bauer on GL because she reminded me so much of my favorite aunt, "my other mother." She also had dark hair and eyes and was quite beautiful, serene, the world's best homemaker who always made me feel like I was one of her own! :) During a bad time when my parents were separated and my dad was on strike for a long period, my mother couldn't afford to keep my older brother with her, so he lived with my aunt and uncle and their five kids for almost two years. After they reconciled and had me, our families stayed close, vacationing together every summer, and I spent two additional weeks with them every summer when I was a child. I could easily have imagined Bert doing the very same thing! :)

• Members

My grandma reminds me of Lila Quartermaine mixed with Phoebe Tyler.smile.png

She seriously does. She's one classy elderly lady who is always there for her family. But, she don't put up with people's [!@#$%^&*].

My brother is a dead ringer for Jason Morgan looks wise. That's why I could never have the hots for SBu. I would have grossed myself out there.

• Members

Jill Coleridge - very intelligent woman who often makes mistakes and rarely seems to be able to live up to her ideas about feminism, although she tries

Johnny Ryan - self-righteous, a grin and a joke covering up a manipulative nature, an unforgiving ass who always manages to be right, even when he's not, and occasionally has the capacity for kindness

Ed Bauer - a good man, but a deeply flawed, sanctimonious man, haunted by decades of mistakes

Kim and Bob Hughes - everyone's aunt and uncle, mother and father, far from flawless, but generally very good, reliable people, with a twinkle in their eye that reminds you they're not some type of inapproachable gods

Susan Stewart - damaged past, trying very hard to move on, not always succeeding, rarely allowed to escape her demons

Cass Winthrop - the good guy who would surprise you when you learned about his past

Rachel Cory - a nice, polite woman who would cut a bitch if you looked at her the wrong way, or went near her family

• Members

I like this response but not exactly what I meant. Basically, either characters who you can relate to OR characters that remind you of people you met. My mother is like Erica. Dragon's grandma is a combo of Pheobes and Lila. Again, I like these response anyway because they are very informative so don't think I am mad at you.

• Members

I have always felt I could relate to Will Horton on Days. I feel like I've grown up with him. He was always 3-4 years younger than me and he was only slightly SORASED due to his parents not being old enough to SORAS him. Chandler Massey is 2 years younger than me.. so we've really almost grown up at the same pace.. I've related with him in his parent's divorces/crazy family dynamics and sexuality "coming out" process.. I find it hard to relate to most soap characters due to all the unrealistic parts of their past/personality, etc.. but I have always been able to relate to Will.

• Members

Most of my family members remind me of characters from Steel Magnolias and not from soaps, but lately I will admit to feeling a bit like Mona Kane Tyler. My daughter is still quite young, but she's got the Erica Kane act down to an art already, even the desire to be famous. Should've named her Erica...

• Members

I'm going to be pretty subjective here:
People who remind me of people in my life...
OLTL
*Jeffrey reminds me of every bigshot who thinks they're the saviour of every new position of responsibility they're in.

*Dani reminds me of every party girl in the clubs with Daddy Issues.
*As much as I hate saying this, but Gigi/Stacy/Kim represented the long-forgotten working class girls who find ways to reach the top.

AMC

*Pete? See Jeffrey.

*AJ? Every loud and angry 17-year old white boy I've ever met.

*Opal. She really does seem like a woman that would own a place called the "Glamorama". Very much like AMC's Roxy Balsom.

B&B

*Prolly only Oliver.

Y&R

*Like it or not, Dylan is pretty close to the average veteran. Of course, forget the thought-of-as-dead part.

*Fen is all too realistic.

As for people I relate to?

*While I'll never do a quarter of the things Cutter and Kim did, I always connected with the need to move up in society.

*Dr. Evil David Hayward: I admire his courage even with all the opposition (deserved or otherwise) he gets.

*Reid Oliver (ATWT) has the personality I admire, and wish I had for myself. Witty, quirky, and rather douchey...but ending up the hero in the end.

*I've never had the same amount of anger Fen does, but I can relate to a young boy trying to find his place in the world and sometimes doing the wrong things to get there.

Archived