BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Behave!

Growing pains were inevitable. All the premature proclamations of gloom and doom, either from people who are gleefully anticipating big bad PP's demise for whatever reason, or from anxiety ridden fans who have been scarred by what they perceive to be progressively worsening news! OLTL was never guaranteed to survive another 43 years but it was dead on ABC. PERIOD! Finis! Muerte!

I don't know what's going to happen but I know we are no worse off than we were January 13, 2012. This is better.

• Members

I'm still laughing at the words "SON After Dark." I just imagine some blurry, b&w series from the 1960's, with Errol serving the Hugh Hefner-esque role as host to an...eclectic gathering.

• Members

For OLTL, especially, I'm ecstatic for the change in head writers. Save for scenes with Viki and Clint, the stories have been a mix of boring, confusing, missed opportunities, repugnant, and pointless. At the end of episode 4 (I think) from last week, my partner and I both realized that the story was exactly in the same place it was at the beginning of the episode - not one thing had advanced. Instead, we were treated to more merry-go-round scenes of Matthew and Danielle acting stupid and practicing various ways of saying the word, "[!@#$%^&*]" in inappropriate contexts. Thankfully, Dani didn't repeat her previous advice to not use the moisturizer for jack-off lubricant... Instead, we cut to scenes of Natalie not knowing what do with her life (read: writers don't know what to do with her character) and by default, hitching her wagon to Cutter - you know, mainly because he's there and on contract.... Or we could watch Blair backburner herself so the vital character of Cutter can run her club. That way she has time to give advice to Todd, Jack, Natalie, Dorian, or Tea... And ooh, more David Vickers shtick!

Thanks for indulging my mini-rant. I've seen some people say how they thought OLTL was in so much better shape than AMC. As an equally fond fan of both shows, I can't imagine how that opinion isn't biased in some way. OLTL, story-wise, feels as if it abandoned connecting to the storylines leftover from when it ended over a year ago. Whereas AMC, despite a 5-year jump, threaded itself very well to the stories left from its ABC finale in September, 2011. We've been enjoying it, and looking forward to every new episodes - letting the OLTL epis backlog a bit. (By the way, here at my place, we're not complaining AT ALL about the episode reduction... PP is right about the online viewing medium being quite different from daytime TV: In 2 weeks, we had fallen a week behind.)

That's not to say that there isn't room for improvement. What's good is it's apparent that Nixon has indeed been involved at AMC. The characters have all been really compelling. The casting and recasting (JR, Cassandra) have been quite good. This feels like All My Children. But I can see problems with uneven pacing. I'm optimistic that the revised team of writers will mean an even better execution of storylines. The fact that they all have history with AMC is a big plus.... On the other hand, recognizing that OLTL's team has zero history with the show, I'm hoping they can bring a fresh approach while keeping the show connected to its history and identity.

• Members
Anytime. Lol.

Really. We keep trying to pigeonhole these shows under one label or another. They really aren't traditional soapy soaps even if they were airing new episodes for an hour five days a week. They aren't like prime time soaps either. They're different than anything I've seen. But they've retained enough of what I loved before that I'm still very invested and even more intrigued.

• Members

No you are not. You are just very angry and you don't know how to behave, but there is not much I can do for that.

Perhaps I can create a video of myself dancing in the kitchen like a sad, lonely monkey in a cage, so I can forget all about my cross and my desperate need to have sex with John. tongue.pngtongue.png

tongue.png

I mean, really. tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

No need to say you are sorry. Now I now that this message board is ANOTHER failed attempt to express yourself.

Thank you Linda :)

Archived