BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If the DAYS exit was any indication Marlene will have something interesting to say.

I guess this might be a way to try to have a tighter ship? Or a budget thing? I kind of wondered how long Racina would stay around once SBH left.

• Members

As for the current writing, I'm impressed how it seems like the stories at OLTL are headed somewhere (though Nora/Bo are languishing...and Dani hasn't had anything to do since getting OD'd). I believe the shadiness with Cutter and his friend at Shelter, the Tattoo mystery, and Dorian/Viki's rivalry are going to cross paths. AMC, on the other hand, as much as I have more affection for the individual characters...seems lost (reminiscent of the B&E era). It's good having character-driven stories, but the stories need energy and direction, which AMC is lacking right now. (Maybe

may change that.)

• Members

Perhaps these writers are more accustomed to writing for a one hour weekly drama (which is essentially what these shows are becoming)?

I don't know if it's comforting or disconcerting to see how much change they're implementing a month into this experiment.

• Members

John please try to keep focused on the news and the thread topics. Not every Twitter account deserves a post smile.png

I think this could be good news for both shows.

Hayes and Klein have primetime experience, I guess the shows should be written as primetime soaps at this point.

• Members

I get the feeling that they rushed everything into production, grabbed whomever was available, especially with AMC since they had to start filming first, and they're still trying to make adjustments to figure out how to best make both shows work. Plus I think with only an hour of content a week, it's expected that they have to make some changes in the way the shows are scripted, so to me, a change in writing is to be expected, especially when you consider that everyone's compaints about Marlene McPherson were that her stories at DAYS took too long and were too slowly paced.

Archived