May 13-17, 2013: Good Week For Y&R and B&B

Toups

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do not getbthe weak 18-34 demos considering the youth on these soaps. I am 37, none of my friends watch soaps and I am starting to think the networks sjoild stop chasing key demos because they will never capture these viewers.

Soaps are not in touch with my demo but so much of this pertains to how the shows are marketed as well as the manner in which the generation is depicted.

• Members

Looks like people steadily tuned out instead of seeing the returns. Not that surprised. I've never believed the OLTL rejects helped the ratings. If people want to see actors playing dressup they can find Dark Shadows reruns, as DS did it a lot better.

• Members

Was this the week of the returns? I thought they didnt show up until just this past Monday. Not that I've ever believed the three ever impacted ratings. At least not positively. I'm amused that they are still higher than last year, when I recall how heavily the three were featured during May sweeps in 2012.

Fickle. Lol.

• Members

GH sucks from A to Z right now. The drop was deserved. The relish crap was terrible. I couldn't help but Lmao when Tracy said to Nickolas "We are going on a highly respected culinary program"----The Chew. Lmao! Stop it with this butt kissing FRon! But I wouldn't be surprised if it was ABC who wanted them to promote The Chew not FRon.

• Members

So Days and GH are pretty much now neck and neck. I honestly wouldn't have expected that for either show a few months ago. Though I long ago gave up trying to predict Days' numbers. Every time I think they're done they crawl up out of the grave.

• Members

YEP! I shouldn't be so stoked because a soap's ratings tanked, but we can't have Craptini continuously rewarded for this garbage!

GH has sucked since this ratchet duo took over with only a few bright spots [that can be counted on one hand]. The "Big" Three tanked as they should have! The Chew? I think it was a little bit of both. I seriously doubt the higher ups know whats going on with GH. It would not surprise me if Dumb and Dumber pitched it to ABCd, and they lapped it up to increase the ratings for The Chew by any means necessary.

Archived