Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

May 13-17, 2013: Good Week For Y&R and B&B

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Ratings for the week May 13-17, 2013

#2 rhinohide

rhinohide

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I can't wait.

#3 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,403 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

An INCREDIBLY DESERVED DROP FOR GH! LOL @ over a quarter of a million people tuning out after that wretched Monday episode. God, it was just embarrasing. I hope the freefall continues.

#4 WorldTurningDays

WorldTurningDays

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

I do not getbthe weak 18-34 demos considering the youth on these soaps. I am 37, none of my friends watch soaps and I am starting to think the networks sjoild stop chasing key demos because they will never capture these viewers.
Soaps are not in touch with my demo but so much of this pertains to how the shows are marketed as well as the manner in which the generation is depicted.

#5 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,756 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Looks like people steadily tuned out instead of seeing the returns. Not that surprised. I've never believed the OLTL rejects helped the ratings. If people want to see actors playing dressup they can find Dark Shadows reruns, as DS did it a lot better.

Edited by CarlD2, 24 May 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#6 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYONCE

• Members
  • 9,601 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

I remember wanting GH to hit new highs under RC now I want them to drop drop drop!!!! :lol:

#7 Golden Duck

Golden Duck

ENJOY THE STRIP SEARCH, RON!

• Members
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

An INCREDIBLY DESERVED DROP FOR GH! LOL @ over a quarter of a million people tuning out after that wretched Monday episode. God, it was just embarrasing. I hope the freefall continues.

Very well deserved.

Wake up Ron. You cannot write your ass out of a hole in the ground!

#8 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,340 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

LOL looks like the Chew stupidity was a embarassing flop *smdh*

#9 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,699 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

LOL...that relish ish was nonsense! The drop was deserved. They need to move on from that crap. The Chew May Sweeps event was a BUST!

#10 rhinohide

rhinohide

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Looks like people steadily tuned out instead of seeing the returns. Not that surprised. I've never believed the OLTL rejects helped the ratings. If people want to see actors playing dressup they can find Dark Shadows reruns, as DS did it a lot better.

Was this the week of the returns? I thought they didnt show up until just this past Monday. Not that I've ever believed the three ever impacted ratings. At least not positively. I'm amused that they are still higher than last year, when I recall how heavily the three were featured during May sweeps in 2012.

I remember wanting GH to hit new highs under RC now I want them to drop drop drop!!!! :lol:

Fickle. Lol.

Edited by rhinohide, 24 May 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#11 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,699 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Was this the week of the returns? I thought they didnt show up until just this past Monday. Not that I've ever believed the three ever impacted ratings. At least not positively. I'm amused that they are still higher than last year, when I recall how heavily the three were featured during May sweeps in 2012.

they've been on the show for 2 weeks now

#12 doolfan

doolfan

Recurring

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

GH sucks from A to Z right now. The drop was deserved. The relish crap was terrible. I couldn't help but Lmao when Tracy said to Nickolas "We are going on a highly respected culinary program"----The Chew. Lmao! Stop it with this butt kissing FRon! But I wouldn't be surprised if it was ABC who wanted them to promote The Chew not FRon.

#13 rhinohide

rhinohide

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

they've been on the show for 2 weeks now

Well they made quite the impression.

#14 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

So Days and GH are pretty much now neck and neck. I honestly wouldn't have expected that for either show a few months ago. Though I long ago gave up trying to predict Days' numbers. Every time I think they're done they crawl up out of the grave.

#15 ChitHappens

ChitHappens

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,539 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Very well deserved.

Wake up Ron. You cannot write your ass out of a hole in the ground!

YEP!  I shouldn't be so stoked because a soap's ratings tanked, but we can't have Craptini continuously rewarded for this garbage! 

GH sucks from A to Z right now. The drop was deserved. The relish crap was terrible. I couldn't help but Lmao when Tracy said to Nickolas "We are going on a highly respected culinary program"----The Chew. Lmao! Stop it with this butt kissing FRon! But I wouldn't be surprised if it was ABC who wanted them to promote The Chew not FRon.

GH has sucked since this ratchet duo took over with only a few bright spots [that can be counted on one hand].  The "Big" Three tanked as they should have!  The Chew?  I think it was a little bit of both.  I seriously doubt the higher ups know whats going on with GH.  It would not surprise me if Dumb and Dumber pitched it to ABCd, and they lapped it up to increase the ratings for The Chew by any means necessary. 

#16 doolfan

doolfan

Recurring

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

What I've never been able to understand is DAYS ratings. The show has been solid for weeks but ratings haven't increased which I think is odd. But I remember in the summer of 2007 when the show had a 1.6 household rating and then in December crawled up to 3.3 million viewers. This show bounces back and forth more than any other soap. But one thing I will say is and this has been true for decades is that DAYS has the most loyal & dedicated audience of any soap. A lot of people I know watch DAYS. Most of the time when you ask someone if they watch soaps they reply "I watch DAYS" lol plus back in 2007 a local Branson reporter came to Silver Dollar City to report about ATWT coming to the park to film and while at the park he said he asked people if they watched soaps and he said most of his replies were "I watch DAYS" he said quote "Days of our Lives is king of the mountain" lol so I never count DAYS out. GH however may be in trouble. NBC has renewed DAYS through September 2014. GH dosent have the luxury of having a contract. ABC owns the show therefore they could take it off the air today & never air it again or give it a finale if they wanted to.

#17 QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Recurring

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I gave up on DAYS long ago and just have no urge to get back into it for good.

I've barely been watching GH these past few months but everytime I tune in I end up cringing my way through a show.

#18 rhinohide

rhinohide

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

YEP!  I shouldn't be so stoked because a soap's ratings tanked, but we can't have Craptini continuously rewarded for this garbage! 

GH has sucked since this ratchet duo took over with only a few bright spots [that can be counted on one hand].  The "Big" Three tanked as they should have!  The Chew?  I think it was a little bit of both.  I seriously doubt the higher ups know whats going on with GH.  It would not surprise me if Dumb and Dumber pitched it to ABCd, and they lapped it up to increase the ratings for The Chew by any means necessary. 

I wonder if it worked? Did The Chew get a bump in viewers. We don't seem to get those numbers.

#19 WorldTurningDays

WorldTurningDays

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I can't help but notice that Days has changed for the better over the past few months up to the point where it is no longer a campy daytime joke. It sort of reminds me of old school ATWT in that it really feels community based with all of the characters connected on some level.
I think Days will go up as we get into summer. The EJ takes down Stephano story is classic soap.

#20 jfung79

jfung79

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Fickle. Lol.

Yes, the Monday of this ratings week was when the three former OLTL stars came back.  But ratings naturally fall from Monday to Friday, because people time-shift more as the week wears on as they fall behind.  It doesn't mean people were steadily tuning out.

And yes, all four soaps, including GH and DAYS, are still up in the ratings year to year, which is a great sign for the genre.

I agree with all the positives that people write about DAYS ... It is currently the successor to the Procter and Gamble style of soap.  DAYS hasn't been soaring in the ratings, but it has stabilized and shows improvement year to year, so I think the high quality is being recognized by the viewers.  Hopefully more will tune in and see just how great it is.

GH is also nowhere near as bad as this board makes it out to be.  Many vets are back and sticking around, hallelujah; there is a focus on the Quartermaines and ELQ; and the new generation (especially Michael) is cool too! 

Edited by jfung79, 24 May 2013 - 04:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users