AMC: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I really liked the episode! Loved all the Billy Clyde moments and JR and Cara the most. :)

Matthew Cowles is on contract, wee! Not that it means anything necessarily.

The scenes with Bianca are really gonna begin to stick out, especially since Denyse's touched up hair looks a million times better than it did during the first round of filming. But I appreciate them trying to spread Bianca's appearances out as much as possible. I wonder what will take her out of town sooner rather than later.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jacob was nothing like Jesse. Jacob Foster is a composer/musician and eccentric a little. He is quieter than Jesse. Jacob does not have that "edge" that Jesse has. Angie never had to worry about Jacob because he worked from home and was not in law enforcement like Jesse. Both Jacob and Jesse are charmers, smooth talkers to Angie. Jacob has his dreadlocks/long braids, Jesse is low haircut. Both are perfect in bed according to Angie. Now watch on YouTube the HOT shower scene with Darnell and Debbi and the following bed scene/the video of the aftermath of their love making, well both of those video's are just HOT, HOT, HOT and showing some skin too. The camera did not show their private parts but well, came real close.

• Members

I did a literal spit take reading that. Truly. laugh.png

I love Darnell but yeah he would do well to take a valium before taping some days. It's annoying for me sometimes because I know he can do better. We've seen him do better. I get the impression that he ramps up the mania when he doesn't feel adequately prepared. When you give him a chance to get into the right space he can do amazing work as he did with Jesse's monologue over Ellie's grave. I consider that scene some of the best work of his career.

Plus I saw him on an old episode of SVU where he was a completely different type of character (depressed, alcoholic ex-con) and I thought he was amazing. I saw absolutely no trace of Jesse Hubbard.

• Members

He was focused on the fact that she had a French passport. He didn't really take the time to get to know her before he snatched her. He didnt know about her connections here. For all he knows, she was on vacation. By the time he took her, it was too late

• Members

That's the curse, I think, of working under such a rushed production schedule. Actors need time to get into the perfect head space. When they don't have that time, or when they have to get to that place faster than they are comfortable with, they tend to rely on bad habits.

Right, but didn't Vlad and Cassandra converse a little at the door before he led her away? That's the way it looked to me on the iPad. If so, then wouldn't he have known then she wasn't French?

Unless Cassandra was bein' all Diana Ross circa 1984 in that moment. That might have thrown him.

• Members

The thing is they have rehearsal time now, at least some, and I think Darnell is a lot more restrained - er, sometimes - than he was on ABC near the end. I love him, but he's a huge drama queen. I do think when he calms down he does better work and I am enjoying him for the best part, 'business' and all, but there are also days when he seems just a hair's breadth from full-on gospel play.

Archived