The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am actually not upset about this....

For all we care send Braeden packing too....He is someone who I am surprised has made it past JFP's enemy list so far.

Maybe when they read Kay's will, we will find out that Kay gave him a S**ty deal or something and that will cause Victor to exit.

• Members

I can't say who was going to be stuck with whom at this point, but I'm glad this couple won't be revisited for long. They were boring the hell out of me this time around. Plus it really didn't make much sense for Jack to want her again after she betrayed him with Nick.I didn't mind them the first time though. Diane made them interesting, I guess, plus Phil was still doing crazy $hit.

I've always liked Jack, but they have really screwed his character from a romantic standpoint. He's had too many week long marriages for me to take him seriously on that front. For such a long standing character he really doesn't have a definitive pairing, which is too bad.

• Members

I'm starting to think (and hope) this is a negotiating tactic. It would make the most sense since there has been no comment from Stafford herself or from any other reliable sources.

The alternative is unthinkable. Y&R simply CANNOT be without Michelle Stafford/Phyllis.

• Members

Juliajms:

Jack has been jipped by many regimes, but he has held on. I always think of his romance with Nikki as his signature pairing. They should have been together longer AND one of their children should have lived.

I was not fond of his relationship with Phyllis the first time around, but it worked with Diane making trouble. I know that this is a soap, but it is impossible for me to believe that Jack would pursue Phyllis after what happened. The writers should have invested in a major love interest for him ages ago instead of giving him weak relationships like with Sharon.

Forget the SOC article, I misread it. Whatever the case, I am not crying that she is gone.

• Members

I need someone to give JFP the okay to oust Khalil. That should be the next firing and recasting we read about. The writing for Lily is not the problem. Lily now has a good career, pretty good lines(that CK's dullness flubs), and a sexy potential love interest. They had to bring in another young black female because CK is not cutting it.

• Members

Given the state of the show and JFP being relatively new I think the show can go on and will go on with MS/Phyllis.

If anyone's death would affect Y&R it would probably be Katherines....

And Ann_SS I do agree regarding Jack. Other than his relationship with Phyllis back when Diane Jenkins was played by Susan Walters and his relationship with Pauls sister Patty I haven't bought Jack as any kind of romantic lead for the longest time.

They keep doing these random relationships with him and it just doesn't work. Him and Sharon grossed me out (mostly cuz their age difference was so apparent). But also cuz they lacked any kind of chemistry.

• Members

I mostly agree with you Ann. I've always felt that Jack and Nikki's son should have lived. This last marriage to Nikki was a waste. That should have lasted a year or so.

I think Jack has been a good character despite the terrible love life because for a a good part of his run business stories got a lot of play. Plus his relationships with Ashley and John had a lot of depth.

• Members

That's not gonna stop them. For sure.

I already see JFP having dinner with Robin Christopher and discussing her joining Y&R.

And before anyone starts: There once was a DIFFERENT Phyllis. And Sandra Nelson was simply fantastic at that. Yes, this role is very recastable. It's not needed though.

Archived