The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Members

Not terribly surprised. She seemed not so quietly unhappy with the one couple and story that was working for her - the romance with Jack has always been very appealing even to a very, very, very casual viewer like me years ago, and I really liked what I've seen of them in the last six months as well. Whether she knew it or not, it was good for her and she was working it. (And the Summer story sounds like dynamite.) But unless she's everything to everyone, with Josh Morrow, she doesn't seem to be too interested.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's around middle-age now and has a young child to support so I thought she'd probably stay until she was pushed out. I'm pretty surprised.

I never hated Phyllis (I just don't have that much investment in Y&R, not these last ten years in particular), but I know she was very polarizing. I imagine many are thrilled over this. I guess her fans will just drop out.

It did feel like they'd run out of any story for the character.

If only the other dead end characters (Victoria, Nick, Sharon, Jack, Chloe and the perv, etc.) would follow.

• Members

Stafford was great as Phyllis during her 1994-97 run and of course during the first five years of her return. So what happened? Maybe it was the Emmy win, maybe it was the cult of personalty surrounding her, maybe it was the horrid writing--I became less in interested in Phyllis, once the show's leading vixen and anti-heroine become the star of Y&R while Stafford chewed the scenery and shouted all the time on her diva trips. Occasionally she'd rise to the occasion but the Phyllis under LML and MAB was definitely not the Phyllis I had invested in there back in 2002 as I rooted for her during the pool house fire caper and patiently waited for her to turn the tables on Diane, Danny, and Gina someday as occurred there 2003/2004.

Sure, I miss the Phyllis we had 2000-2005. But those days are over, and Phyllis being written out is long overdue.

• Members

Yep, I have for the longest and this is his best shot at getting one. I don't see a recast happening, but Robin Christopher, a FOJ as mentioned by someone earlier, would be a good acting partner for Peter Bergman.

Archived