The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Members

A fan favorite is leaving Genoa City behind.

Michelle Stafford is leaving the long-running CBS soap The Young and the Restless after 16 years, a source close to the show exclusively tells E! News.

Stafford's exit follows the recent passing of beloved Young and the Restless starJeanne Cooper, whom the show will pay tribute to with a special on Tuesday, May 28.

NEWS: The CBS soap is planning a tribute to late star Jeanne Cooper

Nominated seven times for a Daytime Emmy in the Outstanding Leading Actress in a Drama Series category, Stafford took home the award in 2004. She also won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 1997.

Stafford played fan favorite Phyllis Summers on The Young and the Restless. After joining the show in 1994, she left in 1997 before returning in 2000. (Her role was taken over bySandra Nelson.)

Are you sad to see Stafford leave? Sound off in the comments!

http://www.eonline.com/news/420796/the-young-and-the-restless-shocker-michelle-stafford-exiting-after-16-years?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am stunned tbh. Not a Phyllis or Stafford fan but she makes things happen, for better or for worse, on the show.

I suspect the JM interview where he said Shick was the endgame, coupled with a pairing with Jack that she did not want and much reduced airtime, were all factors behind her decision.

Truthfully I will miss Phyllis to hate on!

Archived