GH50: Week of May 20...

• Members

They never had to just survive on what made them popular in 1977. Anymore than any other beloved vet on this canvas, least of all Luke, who's far more played out at the moment IMO (though GH did a good thing giving him hell on Friday). They changed with the times and became that much more popular and beloved over the years, in the '80s, the '90s and so on. When they're in scenes that aren't all about this mess, they're fine IMO. Except for their wardrobe, God.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought she was fine in some parts and then oh-so-manic in others. Out of nowhere she screeched something like "THAT"S RIGHT!!" when Laura "reminded" her that Scotty way back went to go find her when she was missing. It was like someone had stuck pins in her voodoo doll or something it came out of nowhere.

• Members

That's the thing. I feel like RC feels he gets a free pass for *mentioning* the horrible things Scotty has done (and its true, many soap writers would just hope audiences would somehow forget such major plot points) and then feels we should all hurry up and move on. What's ironic is much of that stuff could feed compelling soap scenes for weeks.

Grr iTunesCanada better upload today's AMC sometime in the next 12 hours to cleanse my palette.

• Members

Brava to Jane Elliott. I've been waiting to see Tracy lay on to Luke like that for ages.

P.S.: Jordan Price (AMC) should take notes. That's a monologue of how a lady yearns for true love. If Celia can exhibit some of that passion, her story would get somewhere.

• Members
Tracy's lived a long life of heartbreak and decades worth of experience never quite finding the right guy. One shouldn't expect to see Celia have that passion bc she is young, naïve and very inexperienced. She hasn't been tested the way Tracy has and really at her age, its mainly superficial bc she doesn't know what she wants; she's discovering things for the first time. Her acting needs to improve, but she shouldn't be looking towards Tracy on inspiration from where her character should be coming from, bc they aren't coming from a similar place

• Members

Roger's hair is an abomination! Absolutely heinous! That was his idea too jeal0002.gif

Now, someone explain to me the last scenes between the Corinthos/Jax family, please. Since this lame story began, Carly's been wailing about not seeing Morgan and she was worried out of her mind. She sees him for the first time, IN YEARS, today, hugs him, tells him off and then leaves him with Michael as she runs out the door? Sonny too? WTF?! Who in the sam hell wrote that? I know we need to move this along (for the life of me, I'm just not sure where the fire is), but it was one of the worst transitions ever! Out with the over 40s and in with Puki and her himbos?! If the smallest bit of quality is a overrated, did anyone else miss the memo? I swear I didn't get it. Can someone PM it to me, please?

I should not expect much or anything from FRon, but damn! Must they disappoint at every turn?

• Members

Its like this show has no emotion. Its pretty much people standing around saying lines. I don't feel anytthing for the characters & I don't see anything that makes me want to watch. With DAYS the dialogue is good. I actually feel something for the characters, I'm rooting for Will to get to keep his baby. GH dosent have anything like that. With DAYS the actors show emotion and you feel something when watching and that plus the good dialogue make me want to watch DAYS and the day to day episodes are enjoyable. I just don't even have the desire the hear the name "General Hospital" anymore. FRon have got to go! We need a new team in charge at GH ASAP otherwise the show won't make it to 51 or 52.

Archived