GH50: Week of May 20...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great analysis of Tracy, R Sinclair. Also, LOL at how you reacted to my post feeling like it was unintentional comedy, different strokes I guess -- thank you for being relatively respectful about it and acknowledging my sincerity. I think this contradiction you point out between what Tracy wants in terms of love and how she acts to her family is her big flaw and she will either die alone or something will have to change. If she stays the same, I don't think it's bad writing -- it just means she's a tragic, flawed character. Ultimately I think the show is headed for the Quartermaines having to circle the wagons against Roger Howarth's character so I think what you are looking for in terms of progression may be coming though.

There were plenty of ways short of assault and the law of the jungle for Dante to deal with Milo and Lulu shacking up and Milo mouthing off about it. He could have talked to Lulu about it and quoted Milo to show that Milo did not have pure intentions. If he has to hit to stake his claim to "his woman" (that's how it seems like he sees her), maybe he's not worthy of her. Unfortunately, I don't think the show will show much in the way of repercussions for the fighting though.

Glad you're liking the show for the most part too, Elsa. What do you think they should have done differently though?

I don't think I've seen Kevin's office yet, Golden Duck. Is that on Thursday or Friday's episode?

The relish story isn't how ELQ battles were in the past, but having ELQ battles (the focus is shifting from relish to Lauren Frank) is what's classic, and there has always been corniness in the Quartermaine squabbling (the famous "it's my house""/"I gave it to you").

I love Genie Francis; she and Laura are expressive and warm -- but don't cross them!

• Members

I don't know where they're going with the Dante/Lulu/Milo story. I've seen people speculate that she was raped by Stavros and is pregnant. If that's the case then I wonder if she will say the child is Milo's, because she doesn't want to deal with the rest, and Milo will go along.

• Members
Oh you clearly haven't been watching RC soaps for too long. RC uses rape as a plot point a couple of times a year on the shows he write. There hasn't been a rape yet this year (that I can recall), so its about time

• Members

At this point I'd bring back Megan Ward if Kate/Connie has to be around. Megan was basically playing this same take on the character by the time she left, and she was far more interesting. There's a few things Kelly Sullivan is quite good at, but none of them are sustainable for long-term story.

• Members

Konnie was "away" during Brenda's last stint, right? That's a shame. I wanted see VMG act opposite her hero.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kelly Sullivan is a broadway stage actress. In the real acting world it doesn't get any bigger than that. Justsayin VMG</p>&mdash; Vanessa Marcil(@VanessaMarcilG) <a href="https://twitter.com/VanessaMarcilG/status/248213723280453633">September 19, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've always wondered what prompted that Tourette's-like tweet. It came out of nowhere. :mellow:

• Members

FRon are wasting the talent of enough people. It's best that MW stay away. As for Konnie, there is nothing that can be done to make this thing valuable to the canvas. KSu needs to be gone. If she's only valuable as a rape joke clown, that's sad sad.png

WTF does Cackles know? ! Ugh!

Archived