AMC: Monday, May 20, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish I knew who they were trying to entertain with this Cassandra story. Her crying every episode is just...no.

What did Bianca expect what with her practically squatting in the Chandler mansion? She seemed almost offended that JR was at his own house.

So JR doesn't remember the type of person he used to be but he remembers that he worked at Chandler? And that he had a son? What kind of fucked up amnesia is this?

Is Cassandra expecting Jacob to save her? She said "My mother and father will save me...".

Pete/Celia don't work. Their story has plenty of conflict but it's artificial because they're both so incredibly superficial.

• Members

Cassandra's story is one of those (rare) instances where I think those who don't want topically relevant stories on soaps have a point. But, on the other hand, if this were a play, a movie, or even a primetime series, I still wouldn't need the story to be so graphic in order to get the message about sex-trafficking being a very real evil in society.

I agree with all your points, Darn.

Better yet, as soon as she heard he was awake, she should have had someone from the PVPD arrest him in his hospital bed -- or at the very least, she should have called her Uncle Jack and ask about her chances of filing a civil suit.

• Members

I just think telling a story like this in a continuing narrative you have to give the captive character something to play other than fear. This is why Taken didn't follow the daughter.

• Members

I think they should have formatted it like "kiss the girls". yes, Ashley Judd's character was taken hostage and torture a bit, however, she overpowered her kidnapper.. and we had a great chase scene the resulted in her jumping off a small cliff into the water.. then being found and taken to the hospital. Her escape made it possible for the other captive girls to be rescued.

Archived