FX Canada drops AMC/OLTL!?!?!?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The situation in Canada is fundamentally different from the situation in the US. In Canada, the shows air at a set time (not taking DVR, VCR, etc, into account). Here, they do not. If FX Canada aired one episode daily for four days and then did an omnibus on the weekend, that would be akin to what's happening in the US, where the episodes are available on a daily schedule, but people aren't watching daily, instead choosing to watch several later.

IIRC, the "binge watching" comment was not made in regards to the FX Canada airings; it was strictly about Hulu views.

• Members

I think the More show should be a Hulu exclusive. Put a third show for both on Fridays, yes, and preserve the Friday cliffhanger (though I think both shows have done a pretty good job of cliffhangers everyday, myself, especially the final days of the week).

• Members

IMO, Saturday and/or Sunday as the ONLY option to watch these shows on TV would be disastrous, with the possible exception of them being on at night. But that's really just my opinion/preference. As progressive as I am, I'm not here for Saturday morning soaps (these soaps in particular, I guess -- I was definitely a fan of the Degrassi/Edgemont block that used to air Saturday mornings here when I was in high school).

• Members

No, I definitely think they could work only as nighttime, or at least late afternoon/early evening, omnibuses. Especially when Saturday and Sunday evenings have become a virtual wasteland for TV programming, IMO.

• Members

It can be argued that weekend afternoons/evenings have become a TV wasteland because no one is really watching, though. Not that daytime is a on and poppin, but being that these were daytimers for so long, I figure it'd be easier for them to remain primarily daytime with other airings to supplement that. Now that they're an hour a week, that makes it even easier to drop a block of AMC here and there throughout the week. Have the premiere on Friday afternoon, repeat Saturday morning, Sunday night, Tuesday morning, etc. People who don't know will get mad when it's the same hour being aired all week long, but they'll deal.

Archived