FX Canada drops AMC/OLTL!?!?!?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My friend may have a different cable service than you, her experience was different & it doesn't mean she was wrong or lying. For the record, this person isn't a disgruntled AMC or OLTL fan as she was never a regular viewer of either show.

• Members

I can't answer your question about legalities, but I can't imagine that Firefox would be able to make this available so widely if they thought they could get into trouble over it.

• Members

Sorry I did not mean to imply she was lying! smile.png But I think that no matter who the cable provider is, the content on the FX channel is the same - including the advertisements. She probably just isn't watching when the ads air.

Edit: Speak of the devil! They just aired the ad again, LOL!

• Members

Gosh, Eric, I am sorry! :( I downloaded the add on just fine, as did three friends of mine, with no problems. In fact, I got the tip about the add on from another Canadian poster here. If I can help you at all, please PM me and I will do what I can to assist!

• Members

Frankly, I can't see any network, even FX Canada, finding the new schedule all that attractive. But, if it's true that PP could revert back to the original schedule, then maybe they'll hold off on selling it to networks until then.

• Members

I wondered what was gonna happen to FX Canada due to the cutback. I don't blame them; Daily strip syndication is more attractive to television networks.

If PP hopes to get AMC/OLTL onto American television sometime during the 2013-2014 season, they better be back on 4 days + recap schedule by the fall. Stations typically only make changes to their syndication rosters in September unless a new show fails.

• Members

I strongly disagree with this. They have another half-hour to fill on weekdays. They can easily throw an episode of 30 Rock in that timeslot, and the problem is solved. If they ratings are low after a while, then fine, they can get rid of the soaps, but to preemptively ditch them before the new schedule even starts? Stupid.

Archived