FX Canada drops AMC/OLTL!?!?!?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TA, and just a friendly reminder that tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada and FXC has been advertising for the last month a marathon of The Americans, so this weeks scheduling would have been off regardless of PP's announcement.

• Members

I'm honestly finding myself slightly relieved at the scheduling change at the moment.

I have a shitload of work next week and only having to keep track of one of the two shows per day is going to ease my time management.

• Members

This was posted on twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>No official word yet abt FX Canada. But it has been confirmed that we are on itunes w/ multi-pass (20 episodes) for $9.99 @<a href="https://twitter.com/rangerette94">rangerette94</a></p>&mdash; The OnLine Network (@TOLN) <a href="
19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Members

While this is ultimately PP's fault FX Canada has handled this situation horribly.

I don't care for someone like myself who already had the channel. But it makes me really angry when I think about my mom, who switched to a more expensive cable package so she could have access to FX Canada to watch AMC. When she posted a polite query on their Facebook page yesterday about what was going on her question was deleted (along with all the other AMC/OLTL questions). They can make whatever programming choices they want but at least treat your customers with some decency.

But FX Canada is Rogers and Rogers' customer service is crap.

• Members

While I don't wanna be too hopeful--AMC/OLTL are listed on my guide for the week of May 27. This doesn't explain why they've been removed from the website, unless they are slowly working on a new page--maybe with the schedule change they want to air them every second week?

In the meantime I did pick up a 20 dollar iTunes card...

• Members

LOL the Canadians get screwed and have to pay, given this is THEIR ONLY outlet for these shows and it's not worth ten dollars a month for and clearly PP didn't tell FX given PP had NO idea what was going on with FX Canada in regards to AMC & OLTl

Archived