PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

They may just believe even more hyperventilating about GH will do the trick, along with the primetime stuff (which seems to get almost no attention when I read their site).

I have felt a noticeable distance from the soap press and these new shows. I think part is down to the soap press living for "Cartini," part is probably because of PP's history, but I also feel like it's because they have their fiefdom and nothing can threaten this.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vee, I hope you're right. I'll be watching as long as they're on - which I hope is for YEARS to come. Episode 2 didn't do me in. B&A not even sharing a kiss for his 'extended leave' (which is SO OOC I can't even) goodbye because the kids had to be there while I see Viki/Clint (who's had NUMEROUS storylines, weddings etc) getting all this airtime, wedding talk, kid free POV did.

And as McHack HATES Julia (and Frons making no secret of having no use for her while he just loved his golf buddy BE) while Lorraine loves her and is one of her BFFs it didn't shock me one bit it changed when the old biddy HACK was shown the door and LB was brought back for the final year.

• Members

I think Prospect Park has been distancing themselves from the soap press. There has been barely any coverage/interviews with actors. No story previews nothing...so I can get why the offline magazines are doing what they are doing. No content will equal less coverage.

• Members

The previews in the magazines identical to what we've been seeing online one sentence blurbs. No interviews with actors previewing story ahead of time or longer more detailed long term information. That's what I meant.

• Members

The things I have seen is that most long term fans are happy and excited with the reboot (Khan and AdamandBrookefan--I think I have that name right--excepted--two people who I know do have history with the show.) Frankly, I don't trust someone who thinks RC's One Life to Live was the best era for ANY soap since the Great Agnes wrote to judge the current AMC.

• Members

Close enough. And ITA. Anyone who thinks Ron's OLTL was the best era let alone of ANY soap (what are they smoking?) needs to take a seat as far as I'm concerned.

I like the writing. Just not the balance and rotation - so far. But for me, it's still 20 times better than the last 10 yrs of network excluding LB's stuff. Ditto for OLTL.

• Members

The more I look at Hulu the more I wish that PP would've held off on reducing the episode count for another month or so. So many shows are going on summer hiatus that I think it would've been good to see if AMC/OLTL could benefit from that.

• Members

Which is really funny to me because they constantly bitch about the lack of PR and the poor communication with GH, while PP has treated them like gold.

Jamey_Giddens ‏@Jamey_Giddens 39m

Just got press releases for The Wanted Life and Keeping up With the Kardashians. Haven't gotten one from GH in two years. Go figure. LOL

Archived