PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing is, they seemed to be doing pretty well. At least according to all the numbers released.

I can understand trying to dissuade binge viewing up to a point but I don't really buy it. I think they need to stick with what they've got.

• Members

You mean, one hour for AMC and one for OLTL? That might not be a bad idea. They'd become more like the primetime soaps. But, I don't trust the current production regimes to know how to revamp their respective shows that way.

In the end, Susan Lucci might have played it smart to remain non-commital about returning.

• Members

Maybe production is taking longer on the episodes are they dont think they will produce 168 this year. I think OLTL wanted 40 episodes completed by the end of their first cycle and MA said they only got 20 some episodes completed. I think AMC only shot 12 its first cycle as well. I think the idea was to shoot two episodes a day

• Members

I just don't understand what the problem is with binge viewing. I think they're overthinking the numbers. I also think it may have to do with production turnaround to air and giving themselves some distance, which is understandable.

I'd be surprised if this stands for long. I think they'll try it and revert back, frankly.

Archived