OLTL: Thursday, May 16, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a pretty solid episode today! Loved the Bo/Natalie/Tea/Dani, Viki/Clint/Jack, and Nora/Destiny scenes, and it was also nice to see Cutter outside of Shelter for a change interacting with other characters like Vimal and David at The Coffee Shop! Too bad that we will only get only two new episodes a week now starting next week! UGH!!!!

• Members
yes. Writing her out to London was done specifically to give them time to find a recast. Jessica was right in the middle of a heavy storyline with Mitch's return (whom was just revealed as her father) to just abandon the character

• Members

Very true. I guess I just clearly don't have the moral fiber of Des because I would be all about taking any and all extravagant gifts from the millionaire Buchanans (even if there house is now tiny!) who raised this jerk. Its not like Matthew was taking Drew shopping for Mother's Day.

• Members

I like the direction they're taking with Destiny. Her single mother story is so much better than Starr's. Destiny wants to be truly independent which means not taking money from her parents or the Buchanans except for child support. She has a job ( though I question what her job truly is). Most importantly she is raising her kid. She may go out at night but she's with him during the day.

Starr didn't have a job. She barely went to school. She was still living off her parents.

When it comes to motherhood Destiny > Starr

• Members

I HATED everything about Starr having a kid. Particularly how once she was discovered alive, we rarely saw Hope unless she was in peril. Starr was always singing or starring in a musical or chatting up Langston or running around with James with barely a mention of the kid. With Destiny, her whole life centers around the baby, which is way more real. Destiny/Matthew sharing a kid seems to amp up the drama majorly in this younger set whereas with Starr it really didn't alter anything after the pregnancy story.

• Members

Hope didn't change Starr's life in the slightest It's so refreshing to see the opposite with Destiny. Her life revolves around Drew and as a result her past friendships have suffered. Her and Dani aren't as close. Matthew hates her and is step away from calling her a whore/slut/bitch.

Today in her scenes with Nora I got the sense she was struggling a bit.

• Members

And yet I'm still kind of shipping this 2.0 version of her and Matthew, which probably explains my own terrible track record for picking boyfriends.

(But I don't think he hates her really). Although with 2 episodes a week, Drew is going to be 12 by the time things soften between them.

• Members

I'm torn between Matt/Dani and Matt/Des and Jeff/Des myself. I think I prefer the new pairings. People are settling into a series of rote complaints about too much of Matt, Dani and Jeffrey but I say don't knock it if the [!@#$%^&*] works. They've got tremendous chemistry and the writing is good.

As to today's show, I LOLed when they opened Matthew's stuff on him staring longingly at the peanut butter. Perfect. The cutting is rough on the shift to Destiny and Nora, but the stuff with Bo, Natalie and Tea is gold, as is Jack and Todd. AT really has improved. He can get through scenes and he is engaged. Also, Natalie looks amazing and I love that someone caught onto Dead Guy Down By The River.

• Members

I loved this show!

I finally got some scenes between Viki and Clint that I've been waiting on and I finally felt them as a couple. I enjoyed the brief Viki/Jack scene, they need to have more of those, they were pretty decent.

I'm not a fan of Destiny (and I'm trying) but today I did like her with Nora. Maybe that is what the "A team" need, more scenes with the vets because it seems like the only time I can tolerate them. And I really need to see Dani get out there and look for a job, and Matthew needs to be SEEN actually working besides trying to find his next lay.

Sure looks like Todd to me is the one that is watching them but can't figure out why he'd be doing that.

Always enjoy scenes between Natalie and Bo, just not enough Natalie on air for me.

Archived