OLTL: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm torn on this. I've complained forever that we don't get enough fun scenes of characters interacting that aren't super plotty (the kind of thing that Labine's GH did ALL the time- maybe too much). BUT with a 4x a week, 25 minute show where we're not seeing important plot points, stuff like this is harder to justify. And I think we could have gotten a fun Stepnora scene that was at least related to plot- they could have talked about the radio show that seems like it will be Nora's story, they could have talked about Dorian's drama, they could have talked about Matthew's daddy drama especially since David was the only one who got through to Matthew about the baby on OLTL 1.0. Actually, I really need a David/Matthew scene soon if we are going to see Matthew all the time.

But on the whole, I love when David is with Pa and StepNora so I'll take it. I'm confident we'll get more Nat once they start second round taping. Now that they know there will be no ME, she can be less in limbo. But I hope they don't rush her into a new pair or god forbid rush a John recast. The little snippets I've seen of her at work (although I liked her at BE!), with Bo & Nora, being all friendly with Blair & even Destiny have been great. As a Lord/Buchanan, she's connected/related to everyone so she can almost always fit into a scene. I need more of her and Viki. I'd like to see her factoring in more to the Viki/Clint Banner/shady money stuff while fighting the attraction to Cutter.

• Members

...but it sets up their relationship. Blair's like a bossy older sister always trying to control Cutter.

It's possible that the Natalie character is also suffering by not having Jessica to play off of. Regardless of what people thought about the girl and her Personality of the Week, Jess did provide tons of drama for Nat.

• Members

regarding the cut scene with Jack from yesterday, perhaps they should have cut part of the Tea grieving scene.. or perhaps shortened the strip Poker scene?

Today, I'm not sure of the point of the David/Nora scene. It seemed thrown in, when we should have seen some followup to Todd being in the hospital, imho.

Watching today, it seemed to me like I was missed an episode even though I watched both yesterday and today's episode. Editing needs to improve, since we have some good performances and some nice storylines building up.

Lastly, can we get a break from the young set? I'd rather see more Dorian plotting, more Vicki/Clint discussions about their relationship vs her and his work relationships, and seeing Nora/Tea at work.

Archived