AMC: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Heh. I kinda like the Lea, Jesse, Zach scenes. They're almost making me like Zach.

Ugh Celia needs to go cray cray asap. I see such shades with her crazy love eyes towards Pete. I wonder if that's even how it's supposed to be? I think they're trying to go for a more doe-eyed innocent but it comes off as crazy eyes.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

However, I did see some chemistry between Pete/Celia. And Julia Barr seems a little more with it.

I think with the Dixie/Miranda scene, I took it as Dixie taking a minute to catch on that Miranda was about to talk AJ into going to the hospital. I feel like Cady toned down whatever she was doing in the first batch. Much better lately.

• Members

Love the JR/AJ scenes. Bittle sounds so much like Jacob Young at times it's really eerie to me. Am I the only one noticing that?

Evelyn is creepy. So good to have Francesca James on the show. But oh Opal ... shut up while you are ahead. LMAO at her just going on and on as Evelyn gets more pissed.

• Members

I agree. It totally fits for me so I'd be quite surprised if he isn't. I can't wait to see him ... and the new Colby starts tomorrow too.

Yes! Thank you for reading my mind. I could see that. I'm actually hopeful we get a pretty good triangle out of Colby/Pete/Celia. I see a lot of potential to work with.

• Members

Really enjoyed the scenes of Angie by the Dumpster Ho's bedside. I'm glad they didn't cast a terrible/green actress for the part. I know I'm a broken record but Debbi is just nailing everything they give her. She has this show on her back, IMO and she's carrying it very well.

Glad Cassandra is not taking the pills. I had a feeling she'd be smart like that. I actually think, as very hard as this story is to watch, this was a good way to introduce her and really make the audience root and care for her. And tell a story that needs to be told. They're doing good with it.

• Members

AMC is always what it needs to be for me - a fresh, brighter, somewhat more traditional show (even with the Cassandra storyline) after the darker, edgier material and labyrinthine umbrella plot on OLTL, as well as the deranged camp of GH. Some people can call it too simple or too slow, but I think it's all just a great palate cleanser for me with classic storytelling that's been refitted with more modern pacing, topics and interplay, particularly with the kids (A.J. and Miranda especially) - but it still has that Agnes Nixon gothic romance. I really enjoy the show for what it is. I think it's so important for these shows to have their own identities.

I love Opal swanning all over town. She'd never have gotten this kind of time on this kind of basis on the ABC show. Brooke as well. (I still need a lot more of Brooke and Adam, though.) And I think Pete and Celia are that much more improved with Opal and Brooke as foils. RW is wonderful with JL, and the Brooke/work connection is solid.

Hahahaha! "You are now dealing with SEXTRAFFICKING!" Oh, Darnell. I love him but oh.

• Members

The show opens up with that damn guitar riff

Opal: "You climbed a wall, to get to your beloved?" Oh I cant. Man was she out of line going to Ev about Celia's dating situation. What the hell is wrong wit her?

Angie's rocking the hairstyle she had when she first returned in 2008

I had a feeling Leah was a cop, didnt expect her to be FBI. Man she has some serious chemistry there with Zach

Archived