OLTL: Monday, May 13, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed. I thought she was good up until those scenes. Then she was trying too hard and over thinking it too much. They just need to take baby steps with her. Don't give her those type of scenes just yet because she's too green. She should take lessons from her mama on how to deliver a slap.

That being said I did like the her scenes overall. I'm glad we finally got some information on her. She goes to school online so she can be with Drew during the day. It makes me feel better about her being at Shelter so much. She has her own place (ie rent). I don't believe she's working at The Banner. Her job sounded iffy.

Matthew is a trip. He starts off bitching that Destiny can't dump Drew on him but quickly changes his tune when Jeffrey offers to babysit him. The look on his face while Destiny/Jeffrey were flirting was hilarious. I also loved Jeffrey calling Matthew's worthless ass out.

This quad is going to be so much more entertaining than Starr and the gang. So many interesting dynamics between all the parties.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Victor leaving is storyline dicatated, and that we'll see what he is up to, and not driven by the actor. Poor Jack, Dani, and Sam having to say goodbye to their father again. It is so selfish. Victor talks about all he wanted to do was find a way home, and he leaves his children again.

• Members
its not selfish. He obviously went through some pretty f-ed up stuff while away that we aren't aware if and he is suffering from some type of PTSD. Compact with fear that this organization may come back for him and his family is at risk by being near him, it's very understandable why he feels the need to distance himself right now. It would kill him if one of his kids got hurt in some plot to take him out it retrieve him. He can't be sure of his own safety right now so he definetly can't ensure theirs

• Members

Loved everything about today's episode.I haven't been a TSJTodd fan since RH returned but I really enjoyed the family sceens today. I was glad to finally have a Des/Dani scene and I loved the big confrontation with Destiny and Matt. I love Laura and I think she is definitely improving! Can someone refresh my memory though, did Destiny really almost have an abortion?

• Members

Yeah. Destiny talked with Dani and decided on having an abortion. She told a comatose Matthew her decision and Nora overheard her. Nora begged her not to go through with it. It worked because Destiny changed her mind the day of the procedure.

I kinda agree but he's so cute I don't pay attention to it. Besides he'll get lighter as he gets older

• Members
I get that but he's just a baby and so he's merely a prop right now so its not too big a dealIts more than skin color; its features too. I can look at that baby and tell he's not biracial, but again not that big a deal to me.

Maybe wording wasnt perfect but his post made sense to me. He wasnt saying a biracial couple cant have a black child.

• Members

I liked today a lot. I was glad they let the Victor and Tea scenes play - they were really good, and the lack of music helped, reminded me a lot of Eastenders. It added a lot more dramatic tone. Really good stuff with them.

Viki and Todd were also great. I liked when he said an olive branch was just a prop - that's realistic for those two brothers. I thought the family stuff was fine, but I especially loved that we got another Cramer family scene at La Boulaie with people just living together. It feels so rare for soaps these days and it shouldn't be, but it works so well on both OLTL and AMC. I loved Sam piping in. "An awesome thing!" AT is steadily improving as well, which is nice - I thought he was fine today.

Same with Laura Harrier. She reminds me so much of Lisa Bonet. And she was great with Dani and Jeffrey - I liked that they remembered the Des/Dani friendship and I think she and CB have real chemistry. I think the core of the Destiny character, what little there was to begin with, is still there, that same feistiness and rock solid integrity. I liked hearing she works at the Banner at night, doing ad work.

The one bad thing: "Screw off!" Terrible. I get that they have an FX deal in Canada and may have one here, but I wish they'd at least let the F-bomb drop on Hulu. I need to hear it, and all they'd have to do is mute the word on cable airings.

• Members

I think they cast a more black actor for Drew to make up for the fact that they obviously went for a lighter, more "safe" choice for Destiny. I still stand by my belief that they cast Destiny (and probably Jeffrey and Cassandra) the way they did because they intend to use them in frontburner storylines. I don't buy the whole "they cast for talent" when the new Destiny is clearly struggling. I'd say the same for Cassandra on AMC as well. They clearly went for looks over acting. It doesn't bother me that much though, I'm used to this happening all over tv and film.

I think they cast a more black actor for Drew to make up for the fact that they obviously went for a lighter, more "safe" choice for Destiny. I still stand by my belief that they cast Destiny (and probably Jeffrey and Cassandra) the way they did because they intend to use them in frontburner storylines. I don't buy the whole "they cast for talent" when the new Destiny is clearly struggling. I'd say the same for Cassandra on AMC as well. They clearly went for looks over acting. It doesn't bother me that much though, I'm used to this happening all over tv and film.

Archived