Brenda Dickson Interview

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sure it wouldn't go down too well, but it just baffles me. Even in 1987 she had some scenes that she played so well. I have posted one from around Jan/Feb1987 when Jill and Phillip are having dinner in her suite and she is trying to convince him to get his own place, she played the ice queen so perfectly and she had a real subtlety. Also around the Memorial Day episode when Jill and Phillip are talking about his father. She played those so perfectly. I am almost convinced she had a twin who would sub for her.

• Members

I just feel compelled to post what Ms Dickson posted on Facebook via Twitter, it is in such horrendous taste I hope it illustrates what kind of bitch she really is...

"Brenda Dickson JEAN DID NOT BRING IN THE RATINGS AFTER I LEFT...WE HAD 11 MILLION ,WHEN I LEFT THEY DROPPED TO 3 MILLION AND WENT UP YEARS LATER TO 5 ,NOW 4...SO ALONE SHE DID NOT.THIS IS THE BILL HYPE TRAIN. YOU KNOW I SAID IT WAS FUN WORKING WITH JEAN...BUT I MEANT WHEN SHE WAS SOBER"

Jeanne Cooper is dead. Jeanne Cooper has never said an unkind word against Ms Dickson. And yet Ms Dickson makes comments like this in an effort to shill her book.

I really would like to suggest that everyone on this board have a good think about what discussing this woman achieves and whether she should be rewarded with publicity for her deplorable comments.

• Members

Who the !@#$%^&*] claimed that Jeanne brought in the ratings anyway? Who is she talking to? Jeanne was on there since 1973, so I don't see how it's relevant. I suppose if she's jealous of the attention paid to Jeanne, she can go ahead and fake a death and see what the reaction is? (I wouldn't wish actual death on her...)

• Members

Wow. Her comments are recent?!

Well, in a way that answers my question then. The moral of the story is 'be careful what you wish for'.

The woman is just not playing with a full deck of cards. And I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, especially after she cleaned up that crazy website (or as I used to call it, the Rantings of a Mad Woman) but that is truly low class, if she chose to say these things now, as opposed to thirty years ago.

Wow. Her comments are recent?!

Well, in a way that answers my question then. The moral of the story is 'be careful what you wish for'.

The woman is just not playing with a full deck of cards. And I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, especially after she cleaned up that crazy website (or as I used to call it, the Rantings of a Mad Woman) but that is truly low class, if she chose to say these things now, as opposed to thirty years ago.

• Members

Poor Brenda - she only has 84 followers on Twitter.... Loved the interviews. What's baffling is that she very presentable and articulate, but then when she gets into the conspiracy and blacklisting stuff, it starts to come unhinged a bit. I have to say I loved BD's portrayal of Jill in the 80s - the vamp look, evening gowns at the office, the showdowns with Mamie and Kay. All soap classics.

And, yes, I just noticed the "Sober" comment on her Twitter page. Even if it was true, which it probably was, it's in poor taste to mention this, especially so soon.

Archived