Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Brenda Dickson Interview

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SoapDope

SoapDope

Contract

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Don't know if this has been posted.

#2 YRBB

YRBB

In a five star hotel, watching GH & sipping on champagne

• Members
  • 6,896 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

OMG I just jumped to 10something and the craziness has already started! :lol:

#3 EastMA2

EastMA2

Contract

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Brenda really is crazy. How does she explain that Y&R went to #1 permanently AFTER she left Y&R? They've been number 1 for over 24 years. She's a perpetual victim who never owns up to anything. Certifiable.

#4 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I just love hearing about my queen!!!

#5 Graham

Graham

Recurring

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

BALL BELL.

#6 AMCHistory

AMCHistory

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Has anyone read the drivel that is her book? I got such a migrane because the narrative was all over the place!

#7 DramatistDreamer

DramatistDreamer

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Are there any recent comments from her regarding Jeanne Cooper's passing?

#8 WorldTurningDays

WorldTurningDays

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

Brenda is a great talent and the beat actor evet on YR aside from JC. Yes, she is nuts but she really was blackballed.
Would love sering her on Days.

#9 Elsa

Elsa

Contract

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

I miss BD's Jill. From what I understand her biggest mistake was trying to beat someone to their own game and now she has to pay for it. I don't think she is crazier than other soap stars (or some of us) but she propably thinks that acting crazy and "eccentric" is all she can do at this point.  

#10 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Brenda is a great talent and the beat actor evet on YR aside from JC. Yes, she is nuts but she really was blackballed.
Would love sering her on Days.

She can play Susan Banks

#11 alphanguy74

alphanguy74

The Chen Broadcasting System presents this program in color

• Members
  • 4,613 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Another fun interview:

#12 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Another fun interview:

She's taking credit for reality shows???? I have seen it and it is more of a infomercial. Granted, if she had a reality show I would watch it daily. Maybe she can get on Real Housewives of Atlanta (Though she is LA based) and clash with NeNe??

#13 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

I cant believe she is bragging about that God-Awful photo at Sylvia Fines house!!

I think she is reading "The Globe" too much.

#14 Aback

Aback

Contract

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

She still introduces herself as Brenda Dickson from The Young and The Restless. I must say I totally love her. I'd welcome her back as Jill in a heartbeat. Can you imagine the fun?

#15 will81

will81

Recurring

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

When Brenda returned to Y&R in 1983 Brenda did a good job of being melodramatic but balanced that with some good emotion and straight forward dramatic performances. When she was fighting for her marriage during the time John had to contest his divorce to Dina, I think it showed she could have adjusted to the change in acting style on soaps that came around the late 80's early 90's. 

Then she got sick in 1984 (and she did not look well in episodes around Jun/Jul 1984 and was off around Aug when Melinda Fee subbed for her) When she got back the balance was off, the melodrama took over more. However her more subtle style came back here and there, such as in 1986 when she got shot and was in the hospital talking about Phillip to Liz and when she recounted her past to Michael during the time Phillip was hiding at Kay's. 

Then she was off sick again in Oct 1986. When she returned her performance went off the rails in to new undiscovered lands of camp. By the end she was barely looking her scene partners in the eye and somehow forgot how to act. Even during 1987 there were a couple of scenes that showed she could still hit the right note, but most of it is cringeworthy. It often seemed there were two Brenda's playing Jill.

The woman in these videos I don't recognise at all. Although she is closer to the one who left Y&R in 1987 then the one who rejoined the show in 1983.

Edited by will81, 28 May 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#16 alphanguy74

alphanguy74

The Chen Broadcasting System presents this program in color

• Members
  • 4,613 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

When Brenda returned to Y&R in 1983 Brenda did a good job of being melodramatic but balanced that with some good emotion and straight forward dramatic performances. When she was fighting for her marriage during the time John had to contest his divorce to Dina, I think it showed she could have adjusted to the change in acting style on soaps that came around the late 80's early 90's. 

Then she got sick in 1984 (and she did not look well in episodes around Jun/Jul 1984 and was off around Aug when Melinda Fee subbed for her) When she got back the balance was off, the melodrama took over more. However her more subtle style came back here and there, such as in 1986 when she got shot and was in the hospital talking about Phillip to Liz and when she recounted her past to Michael during the time Phillip was hiding at Kay's. 

Then she was off sick again in Oct 1986. When she returned her performance went off the rails in to new undiscovered lands of camp. By the end she was barely looking her scene partners in the eye and somehow forgot how to act. Even during 1987 there were a couple of scenes that showed she could still hit the right note, but most of it is cringeworthy. It often seemed there were two Brenda's playing Jill.

The woman in these videos I don't recognise at all. Although she is closer to the one who left Y&R in 1987 then the one who rejoined the show in 1983.

Yep... right on the money. I don't know what happened, I'm afraid to ask her. But look at the 1987 campfest and compare with this at 17:50, and it's night and day.

I'm tempted to just say, "Your acting went straight to hell, what gives?" but I know it wouldn't be a pretty scene.

Edited by alphanguy74, 28 May 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#17 will81

will81

Recurring

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

I am sure it wouldn't go down too well, but it just baffles me. Even in 1987 she had some scenes that she played so well. I have posted one from around Jan/Feb1987 when Jill and Phillip are having dinner in her suite and she is trying to convince him to get his own place, she played the ice queen so perfectly and she had a real subtlety. Also around the Memorial Day episode when Jill and Phillip are talking about his father. She played those so perfectly. I am almost convinced she had a twin who would sub for her. 

#18 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,641 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Another fun interview:

Shirley6 Jones reviewed her book?

And wha?  She did Tennessee Williams' Vieux Carre (my fave of his lesser known late plays) with Michael "Dimitri" Nader?? When and who did she play--the hooker??

#19 DaytimeFan

DaytimeFan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

I just feel compelled to post what Ms Dickson posted on Facebook via Twitter, it is in such horrendous taste I hope it illustrates what kind of bitch she really is...

"Brenda Dickson JEAN DID NOT BRING IN THE RATINGS AFTER I LEFT...WE HAD 11 MILLION ,WHEN I LEFT THEY DROPPED TO 3 MILLION AND WENT UP YEARS LATER TO 5 ,NOW 4...SO ALONE SHE DID NOT.THIS IS THE BILL HYPE TRAIN. YOU KNOW I SAID IT WAS FUN WORKING WITH JEAN...BUT I MEANT WHEN SHE WAS SOBER"

Jeanne Cooper is dead. Jeanne Cooper has never said an unkind word against Ms Dickson. And yet Ms Dickson makes comments like this in an effort to shill her book.

I really would like to suggest that everyone on this board have a good think about what discussing this woman achieves and whether she should be rewarded with publicity for her deplorable comments. 

#20 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,641 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Who the [!@#$%^&*] claimed that Jeanne brought in the ratings anyway?  Who is she talking to?  Jeanne was on there since 1973, so I don't see how it's relevant.  I suppose if she's jealous of the attention paid to Jeanne, she can go ahead and fake a death and see what the reaction is?  (I wouldn't wish actual death on her...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users