scary scenes on soaps

• Members

We've all watched soaps and watched scenes that have bothered us (murders, men in masks etc.) So what are some of your scenes that you remember creeping you out. Mine was a scene of a woman in a car wreck and a man holding the back of the car trying to prevent it from going off the cliff. The woman was holding a carseat with a baby in it & she drops it and it shows the carseat with the baby falling and shows the woman screaming "My Baby!!!". I don't remember what soap that was on but it haunted me for awhile. Does anyone know what soap that was on? Did anyone see that scene?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always thought a creepy scene was Jill( then played by Brenda Dickson) was afraid her unborn child with John might be born with serious defects. She walks in and see's a ladder where Mamie has been hanging curtains and climbs it. Mamie comes in and begs her to come down and she says she feels faint and falls aborting her baby on purpose.

• Members

Are you referring to DAYS in 2001 when Jennifer and Jack had baby JT during the explosions? Jack tried to keep the car from falling off the cliff but the baby ended up falling. We see JT go down in the carseat into a raging river. It was such bad CGI I couldn't help but laugh.

• Members

The whole Richard Fields brutally raping a barely 14 year old Erica I found incredibly disturbing, in large part because I was about 14 when it aired. Erica's almost-rape by Michael Cambias was really hard to watch too, especially the part where she tries to lock herself in the bathroom, and he's pushing the door open because they were separated only by a door, and the way it was shot, it was clear just how tiny Erica was in comparison to Michael, and how hopeless it was in terms of her being able to fight him off. Bianca's rape scene was scary and traumatic too.

• Members

I was probably about 11 or 12 when Eden on Santa Barbara was raped. I remember her trying to escape and crawling under some glass coffee table and Zach breaking it on top of her. Scared the wits outta me. What was my mother THINKING letting me watch that?!?!? LOL!

• Members

When Matt Clark raped Sharon and Amy on Y&R. My mom loved the show and I don't think she thought I was paying attention, because I was so young. He scared the crap out of me and he didn't think he did anything wrong. I just remember both of them fighting and Matt overpowering them. The music was chilling.

• Members

AW did a double header with the brutal murder of Frankie and the shooting of Gabe McNamara. Frankie pleading for her life and Gabe losing his on the operating table and everyone leaves the room while the camera pans over his body lying there with his guts splayed open.

When I was watching Ryan's Hope as a teen I remember being really creeped out by Roger's obsession with Maggie Shelby. It was a different creepy than, say, an out-and-out psycho stalking (like Kenneth Castle) where it's made very clear there's a nutso bad guy and there is no romantic response on the woman's part. This was a basically normal man (albeit not one with much integrity) being obsessive over a younger waif of a girl and being extremely manipulative. Very Machiavellian.

• Members

Rapes on soaps are all creepy. When Roger raped Holly was horrible. She was begging him to leave her alone and he screamed No at her and threw her on the bed. They had the camera shooting it from between the bars in the brass headboard.

When Nikki's father on Y&R tried to rape her was freaky too. He told her she would always be Daddy's little girl and then she was holding the door as he was trying to force it open as she was screaming. She had to kill him by bashing his brains out after he tore her dress off. She came out of the bedroom with her arms bleeding where he scratched her up.

When Shawn burried Lauren alive on Y&R was creep freaky.

Many of James Stenbecks antics involving Barbara on ATWT.

There was a story on ATWT where Caleb Snyders ex girlfriend Angel was in a incestious relationship with her father and she aborted his child which left her sterile.

Archived