The 100: Discussion Thread

• Members

You always sum it up beautifully... I actually agree. Like I don't care about Murphy -- kill him already. I loved Raven when she first came because she was bad ass and I love LM but now I'm over her... I don't know where Monty is. I thought it was cute when Jasper hugged Bellamy and I just love Octavia... other than that I just didn't care. Lighting is so damn dark that I can't decipher what was going on.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They didn't even bother to show Monty. I can't stand Jasper, I was hoping Murphy would kill him. I've disliked that character since they let him live through being speared through the chest (and later killed off another kid the same exact way). Then they tried to force that cliché hot girl/nerdy guy pairing with Octavia that didn't mesh well at all. And finally this warrior angle has him at an all time obnoxious level.

• Members

Hahahahaha I'm going to miss discussing this show with you. Seriously.

Two bad we couldn't get a twofer ... Jasper & Murphy because I simply cannot deal. I can't stand when he does dumb and obnoxious stuff like S T O P it, please.

Still not over Wells' gone too soon status. Actually tempted to get the book but I dunno.

• Members

I don't even know why Jasper was in those scenes where Raven was working on saving Bellamy because he added absolutely nothing! All he did was whine and talk about guns and bombs. I don't buy him as this warrior.

Murphy is probably going to be one of those annoying recurring villains I don't give a damn about.

Don't buy the book. I've read it and even I didn't buy it. I just downloaded a free epub. The show is very loosely based off the book anyone. The very basic concept is the same but other than that their completely different partially because the show was being written before the book was finished. The show is mostly full of original characters that aren't in the book. The book was mostly love triangle hell and it felt like a whole lot of nothing happened on the ground.

• Members

LOL I don't think anyone does chicklit! Seriously -- I like Devon but I'm just so eh, over it with this character. I wish they would have let him die. THEY'VE HAD NUMEROUS CHANCES DAMNIT!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My worst fear is that we see him in S2. Seriously, that is my biggest fear about this show.... he'll somehow survive S1 finale and pop up in S2. I can't deal.

I just read about that -- I read a hilarious Good Reads review of the book and could NOT stop laughing and one of the commenters said that the show was being developed first and then they wanted a book to be released prior to the premiere of the show and how much people hate the book. I don't think they should have rushed it and Thanks for telling me not to waste my time. I value your judgement so I won't. I did read a few weeks ago on Wiki that they're doing a sequel!

• Members

I'm pretty sure the series will be a trilogy like most YA books nowadays. Nothing really happened until the very end up the book anyway and everything that happened in the book that wasn't omitted from the show completely happened in the pilot episode. I thought The Selection by Kiera Cass was a bad romance book fronting as dystopia but The 100 was even worse.

The author Kass Morgan explained that she was an editor for Alloy Entertainment and they liked the concept so they decided to develop it into a series while she was still working on the book. The book wasn't even complete yet when they started developing the show. I don't know why they rushed the release of the book instead of retooling it and tying it into the show. I even noticed they are giving away a free signed copy of the book with signatures from different cast members but only 2 of their characters(Bellamy and Clarke) are actually in the book. The book has four POVS Clarke, Bellamy, Wells, and Glass. And Wells is dead and Glass doesn't exist on the show.

I'm glad they left Glass out of the show because there's already Clarke so they really was no need for two privileged blondes and all she did was waltz about The Colony(what they call The Ark in the book) angsting about her ex boyfriend.

• Members

Hahahahahahaha perfectly put Yeah, that's what the reviewer was saying. She had me cracking up... she's like her name is GLASS... no really, GLASS! I was rolling.

I do agree with you about giving her time and allowing it to tie to the series more so that it'll be easier to understand. Yeah, people said in the beginning of the series that they gave Wells story to Finn.

• Members

All the other important teens in the book were named after famous sci fi authors. I don't know who Glass was named after. Her name was the least annoying part of the character though. It was the pining after her ex boyfriend the mechanic after barely escaping death and the whole socialite of The Colony crap that bothered me. It was like they threw in some random caste system that made no sense to make the story more of a dystopia.

• Members

It was an okay finale but that awful music during the dramatic walk and the reapers were comically bad. I'm not exactly waiting in anticipation until October. They're definitely going to need to do something actually shocking next season like actually kill off one of their faves to keep my attention during the busy fall. Time to binge watch Firefly.

• Members

They had the chance to kill off Jasper and didn't I don't think he's in the same category as Raven and Monty. He went from the comic relief nerd to some gun wielding warrior. I consider him one of their faves for real.

Now Octavia is the character I'm surprised they neglected. Marie's been dating Taylor Launter for some time now and she was the lead in two teen movies Lifetime plays constantly. I was surprised they wrote so little for Octavia. She didn't really get a story she just jumped from guy to guy.

• Members

I was down for Jasper at first and then he hot on my nerves like all the damn time.

Yeah, I always wonder how they're doing since those two are so damn low key. I think they should definitely push Marie more as much as they're pushing Clarke... sure Eliza is the lead but I need me some more Octavia/Marie.