The Originals: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The Originals

Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged to remain together, always and forever. Now, centuries have passed and the bonds of family are broken. Time, tragedy and hunger for power have torn the Original Family apart. When Klaus Mikaelson, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, receives a mysterious tip that a plot is brewing against him in the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans, he returns to the city his family helped build. Klaus’ questions lead him to a reunion with his diabolical former protégé, Marcel, a charismatic vampire who has total control over the human and supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans. Determined to help his brother find redemption, Elijah follows Klaus and soon learns that the werewolf Hayley has also come to the French Quarter searching for clues to her family history, and has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie. Tensions between the town’s supernatural factions are nearing a breaking point as Marcel commands his devoted followers and rules with absolute power. For Klaus, the thought of answering to his powerful protégé is unthinkable, and he vows to reclaim what was once his – the power, the city and his family. While they wait to see if their sister Rebekah will leave Mystic Falls and join them, Klaus and Elijah form an uneasy alliance with the witches to ensure that New Orleans will be ruled by THE ORIGINALS once again. The series stars Joseph Morgan (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Immortals”) as Klaus, Daniel Gillies (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Saving Hope”) as Elijah, Claire Holt (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Pretty Little Liars”) as Rebekah, Phoebe Tonkin (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The Secret Circle”) as Hayley, Charles Michael Davis (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Switched at Birth”) as Marcel, Daniella Pineda (“The Fitzgerald Family Christmas,” “Homeland”) as Sophie, Leah Pipes (“The Deep End,” “Sorority Row”) as Cami and Danielle Campbell (“Starstruck,” “Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection”) as Davina.

THE ORIGINALS is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with My So-Called Company, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Julie Plec (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Kyle XY,” “Wasteland”), Leslie Morgenstein (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl”) and Gina Girolamo (“The Lying Game”) are executive producers. Plec wrote the pilot episode, which was directed by Chris Grismer (“The Vampire Diaries”).

• Administrator

I would be more interested in this if it was based in the past - I would watch that. Since I'm not going to watch Vampire Diaries next season, so I'm going to pass on show too.

• Administrator

Yup, I'll give it a shot.

I've been watching since the beginning (I still have to watch the season finale though). I'm ditching it because it's too boring and the romantic aspect of the show is practically gone.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Anybody else watching?

I loves me some Marcel and Rebekah. I also love the dynamic between Rebekah and Klaus. It was nice seeing Shannon Kane on this episode. Verrrrrrry curious to see what she was speaking to Haley.

I want to know so much more about Davina.

• Members

This show and AHS are going to be the death of me.

Toups, you don't know what you are missing.

Marcel is so delicious and I hope Klaus doesn't get too much of a jump on him before Marcel strikes back. Here's to hoping M has the proper hold on Davina.

London, I think Klaus saved Marcel not only to gain his trust but because deep down, he loves him. Klaus sired Marcel, and he does not want him dead. I don't believe he does for one second. Marcel's death could easily get Klaus the French Quarter, don't you think?

• Members

Not liking Marcel being so outnumbered here. Klaus is getting on my nerves. They better surprise me and have Marcel come out on top because it's too damn obvious he's the underdog. Diego needs to be killed now because he works for Marcel and talking sh!t behind his back is not acceptable.

Why do I get the feeling Rebekah will some how come thru for Marcel when all is said and done?

• Members

I've watched bits and pieces of TVD once or twice, and there's no way it's as good as TO. Marcel always gets my ovaries to moonwalk! God, that man is fine and sexy as hell. I'm so shipping Marcel and Rebekah. Gotta figure out a squish for them. Super duper duper happy Marcel finally has the upper hand. HE'S GOT HALEY!!! YAY!!!!

The storytelling is great!

Camille is Marcel and Klaus' redemption. Through her, they can see the good in themselves. Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't look 40!

I like Elijah and Haley. This will be the undoing of the Michaelsons, and I hope Marcel is there to take advantage.

Archived