Sleepy Hollow: Discussion Thread

• Members

Finally watched the pilot. It was SO great. Gonna hopefully catch up with episode 2 today. Loved both Abbie and Ichabod and I thought it was brilliantly chilling and scary at times. I hope it stays good (or better). Anybody catch that little part in the pilot where he said they have 7 years of tribulations (or whatever word he used)? I wonder if they're planning 7 seasons out of it.

Edited by YRBB

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought he said, "Facial expressions," not racial expressions..

Like this show despite the ridiculousness of ,"Oh there is an evil, but here, there is a book that tells us just how to deal with it," and the fact that a tunnel from the revolution would be boarded up but the laterns and bodies and everything else was left in, with oil in the lamps!

I like the chem between the leads but I hope they just keep them friends, it SO obvious to have a male and female lead fall in love.

The use of magic in this show is how it should have been on "Once," when they brought magic into our world. Harder to make do what you want, etc. Its so cartoony on Once.

• Members

Another really good solid ep.! The beginning scared the hell out of me. I just never have done well with any Sandman adaptation. I loved Ichabod being all protective of Abbie. Jenny is badass.

Glad we kinda got a break from Katrina & John Cho's character. Also, I'm laughing because the song from the premiere of this is being played on The Blacklist now -- cross promotion for that artist, indeed.

I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us next week.

• Members

Hey! I really enjoyed this episode too. Ichabod accidentally reversing the dvd and trying to hide it from Abby cracked me up. This show does scare me at times. The Sandman was freaky as hell. I missed John Cho, but not Katrina. LOL! I do wish that we had gotten a chance to see Abbie and her sister. I did not see the scorpion sting coming, but it was nice seeing our leads stripped down. I hope that they will eventurally give Orlando Jones, the captain more to do.

• Members

Hey! Sorry, I need a break from that nasty neck of his. Creeps me out. I will say that I thought the rift was predictable and just as much as I suspected. Ha, I am so sure people appreciated the stripped down element as well.

I think we will see the sisters interact since she's supposed to recur for a bit.

• Members

I think they renewed it for 13. I think a limited episode number won't hurt it -- in hindsight - it does suck... but I don't want it to be overkill. I remember one show that I love lost Girl getting 13 eps. in S1 then they thought it was a good idea to do a back 9 for S2 and get 22 but that was just too much -- it seemed like it went on and on forever. i don't want that to happen to this show. So 13 might be the lucky number for a series such as this but we'll see.

ETA: yeah Ann, I don't think it'll be 22 eps. TVLine just broke it down. I like it and think it could be beneficial to the series and hopefully we get our 7 seasons/years if it continues to do well.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/03/sleepy-hollow-renewed-season-2-fox/

Edited by London

• Members

I like the 13 episode per season thing especially since this is more a continuing saga and the networks love to pre-empt. Plus, today's writers seem incapable of crafting a 22 episode season without filler... makes you wonder how they would have coped back in the days of 30 to 33 episode seasons.