Sleepy Hollow: Discussion Thread

• Members

I finally finished it and it was AWESOME. I loves me some Nicole Beharie (it always bears repeating) if you're new to this insanely talented Lady -- might I recommend watching, American Violet (based on a true story) which she stars opposite Alfre Woodward. Shame (critically acclaimed, but I have yet to see it; maybe because I hate the story idea but I will watch one day), she was just in 42 as Jackie Robinson's widow Rachel Robinson.

I was cracking up so hard at Ichabod in the car and then him rolling the window up and down and then Abbie putting the locks on because she was annoyed and his I'm alright wave after the cops shot at him. When he asks her about emancipation and she's all Okay, I'll play along and how he gets offended .... I love their rapport. WTF was that ending?! I also loved the way Ichabod looked at Abbie when she said she was staying... so cute!

Finally found the castings -- Nicholas Gonzales (<3 him!) is joining the cast as Abbie's ex. http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/sleepy-hollow-we-are-men-tomorrow-people-orange-add-recurring

And Lyndie G. was cast as Abbie's sister... http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/lyndie-greenwood-will-play-nicole-beharies-sister-in-foxs-sleepy-hollow-serial

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Great ratings. I hope that they hold up because the show is pretty good and previews look like it is only going to get better.

One line that cracked me up with the cops confronted the Horseman and one of them asked if he could hear them because he had no head. LOL!

It was another thread a while ago.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I basically agree with (according to Metacritic anyway) most of the critics. It's not brilliant, and even for a pilot the show had a ridiculous amount f exposition and things thrown in (not to mention how quickly Ichabod seemed to get used to things like, well, cars.) But it was fun. One thing is the show doesn't seem to take itself to seriously, unlike many similar shows--it kinda knows how ridiculous it is and just assumes you'll go along for the ride. I like the actors and filming (and it did throw me off to kill off two recognizable actors) though I wish it was just a bit scarier. Unless it falls apart, I'll stick with it.

• Members

I finally got around to watching this. I liked it. I always like to wait three eps before making a judgment but so far SH reminds me of Grimm, which I have to admit took me a while to get into.

I've been a fan of Beharie since seeing her in Shame and the actor playing Ichabod Crane, in addition to being quite pretty, seems to have some decent acting chops. I'll be interested to see where the show goes. Hopefully it won't turn into the epic clusterfuck that The Following became. I can't go through that again.

• Members

Yep, I am posting live. smile.png Okay, you know they are not going to kill a little kid. At least, I don't think that they will. I expect Abby and Ichabod to show up just in time to save the kid.

I liked how Abby and Ichabod were slying finding other about each's exes. I still think that they have great chemistry.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I am glad because I was worried there for a minute... EVERYTHING IS GAME ANN, EVERYTHING!

I am in tears over Ichabod and interracial relations and betrothals. I am just loving Tom.

LMAO at Abbie's accent and then Ichabod getting the last say with that wasn't accurate. I am just loving this show.

John Cho's character just looks ew. The neck and dull, lifeless, grey color.

Edited by London

• Members

Clancy Brown! Does this mean that we will be seeing him regularly? I hope so.

John Cho's neck is not attractive and it freaks me out.

So Katrina is not dead.

I did chuckle at the one bullet comment and Ichabod's reaction when the gun powder did not go off at first.

• Members

Soooooooo we're to believe Katrina never died? I'm still confused by this. So she's just been chillin' in the world between worlds waiting for ish to pop off and her husband to rise with the headless horseman and for him to go about freeing her?

I'm not here for Katrina thus far but I do like seeing her in flashbacks.

Edited by London