OLTL: Thursday, May 09, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
they said they knew Jeffrey from there; they didn't say he was Matthew's roommate. Im sure Matthew other people there besides Daniel and Tom. My issue had to do with the ages but since they've aged Matthew to 21, he and Dani being acquainted with Jeffrey is very plausibleBree was what, like 7 when the show went off the air? She'd be about 8 now. That's at least a 10 year gap between she and Jack. He's about to graduate HS and move onto the college scene. I really don't think he needs to or should be held back for a HS teen scene with Bree. I also think with the limited time, the show cant and shouldn't do two different scenes for the younger set (HS teens and college/young adult crowd). With Dani mentioning that she is still in school, I think Jack will get incorporated there by fall.

• Members

It wouldn't make sense to bring back Max's twins without him being there as well, and at this point there isn't a need for Max. Even if JdP is KdP's real life husband, still, the Max Holden character played out and has no significant ties left on the show. The Blair connection had already grown stale while he was still there, so revamping that would be a dud. Gabrielle is gone. Al is gone. Luna is gone. Cord and Tina are gone. Steve is gone. No need for Max, and thus no need for Max's twins...furthermore, Max's twins were born *years* before Jack. They were born years before Matthew, and he's 21...so they'd be at least 25, and couldn't be Jack's playmates. The only one who realistically fits in Jack's age demographic would be Jamie Vega, and hell no. I want ***NO*** Vega's on OLTL 2.0.

At this point there best thing to do would be to introduce brand new peers for him to interact with, instead of trying to rehash past child characters who don't mesh with his age timeline.

• Members

i will say that if they ever were to bring on Max's kids, they'd be best fit to bridge the gap between the younger 20s crowd and the early 30s (Nat, Cutter, Rama). There's about a 10 year age gap not represented on this show but thats something they can expand later on. Not really needed now

• Members

why not??? it will bring back Angel Square.. and bring back the Latino demographic and it could bring back the Gannon family

new peers??? you must forget how the audiences feels about newbies, and not past characters with ties to the show..

or how about introduce new peers who's relatives are past characters

• Members

The Vega's were wretched. Totally unlikable people, who were sanctimonious, cynical, hypocritical, dull and dour. They added nothing useful to the show. Having them gone has made the show much easier to digest. I hope I never see any of them again, including Jamie...because that would mean the worst of all the Vega's--Antonio--couldn't be too far behind. And that whole 'Angel Square' subsection was tacky. For decades the working class section of town was simply called East Llanview, where the Riley's and the Wolek's were rooted, and it was more appealing to me. "Angel Square" is just a code word for Vega, and like I said...no more of them, please.

As far as the audience not liking newbies, tough. Every long running character was a "newbie" at some point. Without new characters, the show doesn't evolve, and without evolution it dies. How many storylines can the same 10 people have for decades on end?

• Members
I'd be fine never seeing Antonio again. Haven't missed him one bit. He annoyed the [!@#$%^&*] out of me. Always. Cristian was nice enough but they never had any interest in him, no regime really did aside from maybe a few scraps. He wasn't that bad when he was toned down. I kind of found him to be like watching paint dry.

They can always off Antonio and have RJ somehow (legally if she's a teenager) be Jamie's parental figure. I think RJ would fit in beautifully on this reboot. Or I'd maybe be able to tolerate Carlotta but she was nothing but window dressing for years, unfortunately. I never minded Patricia Mauceri. I always LOLd seeing Saundra Santiago behind the counter.

Archived