AMC: Thursday, May 09, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members
David was trying to save a life. He sees drunk JR about to take a shot. What was he supposed to do? Just stand there and let him shoot at someone? I think David did the right thing by wrestling him for the gun. Unfortunately it ended up with bad consequences anyway, but he wasn't wrong for his actions. Where he went wrong was shooting JR, but definetly not trying to stop him

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just really starting to notice a glaring age difference between Pete and Celia so the whole relationship is just off for me now. I'm fine with age. It's a number. I don't care, but it's kinda ridiculous that she's 'trapped in a boarding school' and this nearly 30 something tech wiz/giant/company owner is all head over heels and pretty much stalking her. I really get WHAT they're trying to do and I want to love it because it's such, to me, reminds me so clearly of Agnes and AMC in the past, but it's just kinda not working. I'm sorry but they should not have gone for two clearly green actors (though neither are bad, and probably will end up being very good, but they're just not quite there yet) if Pete and Celia were going to get THIS much focus.

I like them both, honestly, and I want what they're trying to do with them to work, but man, RIGHT NOW (yes, it's only been 8 episodes but they've been in all of them) it's just not. They need to ease up on them. What happened to letting us care over time? But then we have all of these other great character driven reactions and motivations and budding storylines and they're just ...

Anyway ... my point is in there somewhere LOL

Archived