AMC: Thursday, May 09, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I had to FF a bit through the band, and bit through the Celia/Petey scenes. I hope something substantive happens with Petey before I stop caring about the pretty boy. This insta-romance, the one-note acting, all of it is making tempted to tune these two out despite the "good on paper" gothic romance.

The Cassandra story is chilling, but moreso from the Zach/Jesse perspective. Still not sold on the Cassandra piece. I am not getting the same feeling of suspense from her scenes that I got from the dark and eerie Zach/Jesse scenes. Wow, I cannot believe how beautiful those dark scenes looked! Chris Goutman may be a bad producer, but he is one killer director. I love too the growing relationship between Zach and Jesse. There is nothing better than a bromance, especially when it involves to awesome actors.

The almost kiss came too fast. I was so happy that Miranda pulled away. I do love all the chemistry between Denyse and Eric. They are our next super-couple. I cannot wait to see what they are up to tomorrow (or Monday I guess).

I find the lockers in the hospital dressing room distracting. Those are like country club lockers, not the typical metal lockers you see at a hospital. It is almost like the were th rejects from a steamy fitness center locker room set.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't think that either! I do hate how instance amnesia can serve as penance of a crime. I do hope JR is still as dispicable as ever and playing up his memory lapse to keep out of a conviction.

I cannot wait to see Bianca beet his ass down. It would be revenge not only for Marissa's death, but for the time JR threw her out a window to keep Miranda.

I agree. I think the 5 year jump is a figurative, and not absolute concept. I do not see AMC as taking place in the future of today. I do not see the next copy of the Bulletin being dated as 2016.

• Members

Are people still refusing to see Miranda/AJ as a couple? :lol:;) That almost kiss was great.

Starting yesterday, I am coming around on Petey/Celia. I thought they were quite good today (although, still, the less interesting part of the whole show). I enjoyed them but, nevertheless, we really need a break from them. Haven't they been on every single episode?

The location sequences put to shame every daytime soap's location attempts. They look absolutely exquisite. Did not expect Zach and Jesse to find a girl in the dumpster. Zach looked real comfortable in there. Like everyone said, he has the right look for it too.

Cassandra and the other prostitutes was devastating. I am so glad they are doing something so dark (intercut with cheesy homemade prom, as well!) and it's working.

Angie finding out about Cassandra's disappearance just as Jesse is about to tell her the truth was phenomenal. I simply cannot wait for Angie's reaction.

When David walked into the room and overheard Cara, I was genuinely surprised. We've seen this type of scene hundreds of times but it's shocking how much cliches don't matter if the story is well done and you're invested in it (which I personally am).

JR wakes up and looks all sexy and sh.it. Now all he needs is a visit to the Fancy Nail Salon and he's done!

• Members

Quit taking the time jump so literal is all I can say wink.png

I like how David ignores his part in the whole JR thing. Him wrestling the gun from JR is the reason Marissa died. We don't know who JR was going to shoot there is the might have shot himself

• Members

I sincerely hope the shows doing well will mean more sets down the line. At least enough so that every AJ/Miranda scene isn't taking place in AJ's bedroom and Pete isn't taking Celia out to a nice dinner at Jane's Addiction.

Also hoping Dixie will eventually get another story because the way she is being written for this JR story makes me want her to go away and I really want to like Dixie.

• Members

As much as I love Miranda and AJ and Pete and Celia were actually somewhat cute today, PLEASE don't shove them down our throats. Celia and Pete have now been in 8 episodes in a row (right?). I get they tape differently and there's no episode guarantee, and before, I was all for no guarantee, but seriously? ANYWAY ....

Jesse and Angie were great at the end and that SHOULD have been the cliffhanger.

David is PISSED at Cara. I loved that confrontation. Even though I totally knew he was going to walk in lol, it was still great. Griffin ... sit down. Ugh. All he does is yell.

I get David is pissed and wants to kill JR, rightfully so, but he was so annoying constantly running into that hospital. Ugh. IDK why, just annoyed me LOL.

AJ and Miranda were cute as hell today. Loved their scenes. AJ officially has it BAD for her. And I love that she might too, though PLEASE let them fight it for a while.

I know I shouldn't have but I kinda laughed at Dixie's reaction to JR waking up. She looked so crazy lol. I swear he was giving her looks like he thought she was nuts. Which, after everything she's gone through, seen, JR, etc. I can't say I blame her being a little nuts TBH.

I'm sure this was all touched on. Off to read the like four pages I skipped ...

Archived