AMC: Thursday, May 09, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think Bittle sounds like JY at all. I like how they used an older actor. Hopefully that will mean JR will be more mature at some point. Also, his not remembering what happened-hopefully that will mean there is more to the story.

I like the pacing of the stories now. Celia/Pete break next episode, please? But I am looking forward to The Delicate Deflowering of Celia that is on the horizon!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm definitely looking forward to Debbi putting in work next week.

:lol: I'll never forget when the Hubbards learned Frankie was injured in Iraq. Denise Vasi was all :mellow: and then Debbi was basically like, "move aside, bitch" and proceeded to show her how it's really done!

That would've been another fake out for sure.

• Members

DEAD. Don't forget that Angie is God-fearing. And the focus groups who clamored for the core Hubbards back.

I find that if you go into the show assuming you will see Pete/Celia, it annoys you less when they do appear.And really all the major stories seem to be getting a lot of play. I did like them angry at each other and was sad it didn't last longer. Him calling her princess reminded me of early Ryan/Gillian, probably because of the extreme resemblance

Loved Miranda/AJ and even that little boy band today. AJ could not be any cuter. Glad they didn't kiss. Agnes needs to employ her make em wait philosophy to this. Funny how these two seem set to extreme slow burn while the writers seem to want Pete/Celia on the super couple fastrack.

I like Zach as second banana crime fighter far more than I every liked him as romantic leading man.

Figured they would go with JR not remembering. They need to address next week if JR is in legal trouble. Cady is looking the best she has since I started watching in 1993/1994 (the scary short hair time).

• Members

Very dark scene when the girl was found in the dumpster, I was not expecting anything like that.

I think JR remembers what happened, it just seemed like he was not letting on that he did.

David really needs to stop lurking around the hospital, he's there way too much.

• Members

When my Air Force son got injured in Turkey, we got a call from his Commander and I don't remember going crazy, throwing things, and shouting loudly, "I want answers" like Angie did when they got the call about Frankie. I think that soap opera's like to add a little dramatics to their scenes. But, I was crying and simply used my resiliency and strength to wait for continued calls, medavac to Landstuhl, etc. Being military, we tend to act with resiliency and strength and wait for answers. We know the drill, so to speak. BTW I was alone at the time, nobody in the house, my husband out of state with business. Now talk about really being alone getting the call. At least the Hubbards were their on the spot ASAP.

• Members

Because of the 18-49 age demographics that shows focus attention on today, the teen storylines have to be very much an integral part to the success of the reboot. Social media is where the new generation of viewership is. The Over 40 group is lesser attention, it seems.

Getting ready for Dr. Evil to come out, I guess.

• Members

Hulu not working for me today. Had to watch on Itunes.

Can Pete/Celia be the ones that leave for an 'extended' period?

I like AJ/Miranda and think they are cute. But I can use a break from them as well.

Love Cass's story. Jessie/Zach team work like watching a film instead of a soap. Look forward to Angie finding out - Debbi's going to kill it.

JR waking up and seems to finally be moving that story forward so that was good.

Now I need for the 3 second scenes for Brooke and Adam and 3 minute scenes for the teens/newbies to rotate. I need to see B&A planning their wedding and then actually getting married. I need to see a B&A scene that lasts longer then 10 seconds and is about them and not exposition about what's happening with the teens.

They've given 'older' couples like Jessie/Angie and David/Cara (both couples I like) longer scenes that are about them and just them and move them forward. Dixie's call with Tad (a couple I could care less about) and her chat with Joe about Tad were longer and of more substance about them. If they can write that for them they can do it for Brooke and Adam.

Whether DC is 'recurring' or not they've had him on 4 times now and his only longer scenes have been with Dixie and Bianca. WTF?

Archived