Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh crap! How did I forget about them?! ph34r.png Yes! They need to return too! And as MoTheGreat mentioned, Tucker too! This better not be some insta-funeral or even worse no funeral (like they did my poor Nancy Hughes angry.png ). I want the entire episode, hell, the entire week devoted to the Duchess! She built the house that is Y&R!!

• Members

While they're at it, Y&R also should dig up all the good, old clips with Kay and Jill. Even the ones with Brenda Dickson. You can't allow Kay's death to pass without acknowledging the feud that was, in many respects, Y&R's bread and butter.

• Members

I always think of Jeanne as an example of when gods and goddesses walked among daytime soaps - flawed, but still towering above us, putting us under their spell. Jeanne just commanded a scene with sheer charisma and witchcraft, and she gave everything to scenes. She was an incredible actress but she was also an incredibly entertaining actress. She put on a show. She was fun, gutsy, heartbreaking. Addictive. She talked about scenes that made her uncomfortable, and how she played them anyway, because of trust in the writing. Few in soaps have that type of trust or care now.

Katherine was an icon, but more importantly, she felt like a friend. A dirty joke on her lips and a knowing glance at the various grifters and phonies and nobodies in her wake. Katherine never felt like a plaster saint, even when the writing tried to make her one. Yet Katherine also had a heart. Even in her darkest moments.

We got to see a true star in our homes for 40 years, and we got to see what was, along with MTS, Susan Flannery, and a few others, what I'd consider to be the best face for the writing of Bill Bell. She really did him proud. She did us proud too.

I'll miss her.

• Members

This is just the saddest news. She is an absolute legend and the biggest star Y&R ever made. I hope her death and legacy is handled the right way on the show. Just the worst news I could've read. :( I'm just glad she's at peace, had a wonderful life and gave us so much while she was here.

• Members

I appreciate the gracious way Corbin is handling all this. It must be tough losing a beloved mother. Here are some reactions from her castmates...

1.21 gigawatts ‏@michaelmuhney 20m She lived a long life. She kicked her fair share of asses. The world just got a little less feisty today. You'll be missed, Jeanne Cooper.

Joshua Morrow ‏@JoshuaMorrowYR 9m These hallowed halls will never be the same sad.png

Archived