Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Members

From Rick Hearst:

As fast as the world moves, it is the moments when you pause and reflect on the lives that touched you, inspired, you, made you laugh, and were proud to be associated with. I had the amazing honor of working with many of Daytime TV's Grand Dames in Beverly Mckinsey, Frances Reid, And Jeanne Cooper. Each of these women were trailblazers for how the iconic daytime genre became so popular. My heart is sad and my thoughts are with Jeanne Cooper's family. Jeanne and I worked together on Y&R as well as her son's Corbin Bernson's directorial film debut, "Carpool Guy" The bond between this Mother and Son team was amazing to be witness too. Sleep well dear lady. You real, raw, ballsy demeanor was only matched by your compassion and dedication.http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/showbiz/tv/obit-jeanne-cooper-young-restless/index.html

can you do it from your computer, I know some cable companies offer that.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is Jess Walton’s limited availability her choice? I have yet to see her state she doesn’t want to work very often, but many posters ( not you) seem to state it over and over as fact. (Especially on SOC & nobody seems to question this “fact”)

Under MAB she asked for a 6 month vacation because of a new addition to their family. When she returned under JFP she made statements that she was thrilled to be back and she planned on commuting to work for the foreseeable future. She said nothing about working less to spend more time with her grandchild or family. If she did someone please send me the link.

I don’t know JW but she always seems devoted to her character and the show. I have a hard time believing she would only want to work once or twice every couple of months. She knows that means NO story and that wouldn’t be fulfilling as an actress, or for the character of Jill.

Contract or not, characters can still do story arcs, heck TB/Lauren did it for years. I believe we don’t see Jill because Sony/JFP don’t want to pay the money for her to do a complete story. Heck, do we even know if JFP offered her a decent contract?

• Members

I have watched Y&R for 35 years and there will be a HUGE void with no Mrs. Chancellor to look forward to. I am heartbroken by Jeanne's death.

It will be interesting to see how they will address the death of the iconic lady onscreen. I wouldn't doubt JFP isn't having the crew dismantle the Chancellor set as we speak. I also wonder if Kate Linder will still have a job. I hope they do a royal send off to the Duchess with former cast members coming back to say their goodbyes. I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

If Nikki wasn't tied down to that albatross Victor, they could do a story where Kay left her part of the house to Nikki ( If Brock didn't want it) and have her move into the house with Jill.

• Members

After viewing the scene with Nikki and Dr. Costner (Leigh J. McCloskey), I wouldn't mind if they would make his character a regular. I remember when he was on the show back in the 90's and they screwed things up by pairing him with Shari Shattuck's Ashley, then passed him over to Hope. They quickly wrote him out by having him leave with Hope back to the farm. Kurt also had history with Katherine (who took him in).

This is a message board where we discuss our thoughts and feelings about the show. I will say what ever, when ever I want.

Archived